CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Angry Crystal Reports is ganna make me loose my job...

About 1 month ago I demonstrated an application written in VB.

In this software I included crystal reports, because the standard reports don't have that kind of functionality.

Now the demo went really fine, no issues or such things. I did not change anything to the application, BUT, now when I wanted to install the full application, the reports don't wanna work.

1. I get the error: 'Physical Database not found!'
    2. The report references a location eg. 'c:\program files\app\app.mdb
    3. This report is using the CRViewer control, and the actual report designed in VB -> 'Designers'...

For some reason the reports don't wanna see the Database, BUT the actual Database, is refelecting, at the location, that the report points to, I have verified the Database, and I also made sure to set the location of the report to the directory where the report resides...

I am using the MyReport.DataSource = (ado recordset). (As explained by Crystal Reports, this actually did work). But now it does not work....?

Question: Is there maybe a property that I can use to programmatically "Set" the report's database location?

Please help this is urgent .....

Thanx in advance...

xIRC
    Last edited by xIRC; September 1st, 2003 at 11:33 AM.

Example ...

Set PreviewReport = New CrystalReportInvoice

PreviewReport.Database.SetDataSource adoMainRecordSet
    CRViewerReport.ReportSource = PreviewReport

CRViewerReport.ViewReport

adoMainRecordSet <- points to my recordset, but for some reason this aint working anymore, it used to ... ?

I also did re-install crystal reports, but it's the same version, with the same setup feautures, also installed it fully .... ?

Tried lots of ways ...

With this error being raised, I tried the following ...

I made the report use an ODBC Datasource ... and from there tried to use the report. Still it did not work ...

I tried changing the table names, and then I got another error stating: "TableName" not found at file location: "<directory>",

next, I changed the physical .mdb database file's tables back to it's original values ... I then went into Visual Basic, and Verified the Database, it poped-up a message, stating that the Database is upto date ...

Now the actualy report's location links to:

C:\Program Files\Manager\Database\dbManager.mdb

and the actually Microsoft Access database resides in:

C:\Program Files\Manager\Database\dbManager.mdb

both the database and directory structure works for the application, when loading/saving data to the .mdb file. Now the reports, used to work, but now it does not work anymore? Crystal gives me an error:

"Physical database not found." ... why would one get this error, is this maybe because Crystal Reports is not installed on the client's pc? Because I don't get this error on my machine, could this be references, to .dll files, or something, because my directory structure looks 100% the same as the client's directory structure, where the .mdb files reside, and where the report links to ...

Could anyone help me on this please ...

In desprate need ....

xIRC

a simple search on google with your problem :

"Physical database not found." crystal report

gave me alot of results, this one deal specialy with the problem occuring only on the client computer, you may want to read it and try it's solutions ...
    http://support.crystaldecisions.com/...s/c2009409.asp