CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by Mick
    Yea it's been talked about for years, so sorry I dont' see what the big deal about that is....

http://www.abqtrib.com/archives/news...s_bright.shtml

But it is a big deal when another country takes a step towards space...maybe the collective will get together and we'll be on mars soon....
    How about chicken-chops on Mars?

I remember a song which was born in time when USSR got their space-sputnik. Something about apple-trees on Mars in the near future
    Yep.. comon... let's drive to Mars, baby...
    "UNIX is simple; it just takes a genius to understand its simplicity!"

Let's swim to the moon, uh huh
    Let's climb through the tide
    Penetrate the evenin' that the
    City sleeps to hide

Speaking of Sputnik, they say Sputnik II burned up in the atmosphere a while after it was launched, but I say Lika is still up there, orbiting in that space-sphere, maybe even has some offspring by now .
    SolarFlare

Those who cling to life die and those who defy death live. -Sun Tzu

cout << endl;
    return 0;
    }

Exclamation Everyone who was wondering where hometown is from...

"WITHOUT PREJUDICE"

I think I just figured out where homey is from. I am very close to solving that mystery!!

Also homey, whats with the Aussie-bashing? We are the most peacful, fairest and non-judgemental nation in the world!

And another thing, to those of you who are dissillusioned about the Chinese sending a man into orbit, the technology to do that is about 50 years old, big deal!!! They should perhaps spend that money on building quality control laws so Chinese products dont break down as soon as you take'em home!!!

I think its absolutely unnecessary to congratulate China on this, as they're in a 'standoff' with the rest of the world and I'd bet my a## they wont be sharing any information in the unlikely event that they do discover anything new other than space junk in lower earth orbit.
    Last edited by Deniz; October 16th, 2003 at 07:45 PM.
    Microsoft LVP - Least Valuable Professional

Please rate this post... Pleeeeeeaaassee!!!

Re: Everyone who was wondering where hometown is from...

Originally posted by Deniz
    And another thing, to those of you who are dissillusioned about the Chinese sending a man into orbit, the technology to do that is about 50 years old, big deal!!!
    a lot man were working hard to break through the technology in sending a spaceship into the sky. Ya. a man-spaceship succeeded more than 40 years ago, but did all the technology which is mastered by US and Soviet Union is available to all countries ? can every country share the advancedment in rocket-tech?
    we say sicence has no border, but can you get the high-tech freely from other country?
    NO way. We, mankind, must make progress in society as well as in science. When every one can count the number, solve a complex caculus problem, are we still keeping calm on Newton, Leibnitz as people in 17th century? More over, your computer using now is based on bool-math.
    I am proud of being a Chinese for our country are making rapid progress in every field now. You guys may not feel so exciting about the successfully launching a spaceship of China, only because it's not your nation. But i want to say, only if a tech become common can all of us benifit from it. Please take the PC and internet as an example, too.

They should perhaps spend that money on building quality control laws so Chinese products dont break down as soon as you take'em home!!!
    What kind of things have u bought? Most Chinese products are cheap and good.
    I think its absolutely unnecessary to congratulate China on this, as they're in a 'standoff' with the rest of the world and I'd bet my a## they wont be sharing any information in the unlikely event that they do discover anything new other than space junk in lower earth orbit.
    You know the tech in cross-fertilized rice crop? it was China that take this break-through into the world. the powder, the printing tech, the paper prudcing tech, the compass... Yes, we China are not very strong in modern science, you can comment 'junk' on our tech. We are trying to do better!!!

Australian is a beautiful country rich in natural source. Maybe some day i will visit there.

Well, i hope Australian can lanch a rocket someday.

And another thing, to those of you who are dissillusioned about the Chinese sending a man into orbit, the technology to do that is about 50 years old, big deal!!! They should perhaps spend that money on building quality control laws so Chinese products dont break down as soon as you take'em home!!!

I think it is absolutely necassary to congratulate China on this achievement. Me thinks people forget all the technological advancement the space programs have provided for the world. One more country venturing into space is another country that can globally come together to get a manned mission to mars. I really don't understand the position that people take in saying space exploration is a waste of money. Are we not adventurers??? Though granted I'd love to see more exploration of the oceans or at least a lock step program with space exploration, we don't pay enough attention to what lies beneath.

As far as china being standoffish, well I'd rather prefer that than them trying to forcefully push their sphere of influnece on other neighboring countries...wouldn't you??? Democracy will come to them, it's already there...when the time is right, China will shed it's communist ideaology....remember the Soviet Union??? Are there not other astronauts up in space cooperating with US astronauts these days?

very enterprising of the chinese.
    When the ISS gets fully operational they will be able to do deliveries.

ps. Any fool can put something into orbit, getting it back alive is much harder.
    Dave Mclelland.

Re: Re: Everyone who was wondering where hometown is from...

Originally posted by wuyh
    a lot man were working hard to break through the technology in sending a spaceship into the sky. Ya. a man-spaceship succeeded more than 40 years ago, but did all the technology which is mastered by US and Soviet Union is available to all countries ? can every country share the advancedment in rocket-tech?
    we say sicence has no border, but can you get the high-tech freely from other country?
    NO way.
    So does this mean that China WILL share scientific information? Or are they simply doing all this to cover up for their inadequate social governing of the massive country. If a Chinese person in poverty were to fall ill, does the goverment provide any care? Not just in Beijing or Hong kong but anywhere? Or if a person worked hard and deserved to be payed for their profit, what do they get?

... your computer using now is based on bool-math.
    Whats that got to do with the Chinese putting a man in orbit for a few days?

What kind of things have u bought? Most Chinese products are cheap and good.
    ANYTHING which has the words "Made in China" written on it is cheap, yes, but still for the quality I'd say we are still being ripped off. And I mean anything. From the simple things like the slippers which only last a month to the electronic devices which seem to only work until their warranty period is up. Frankly, I've given up on it all. If I buy Chinese, I dont expect it to work. I just buy it as a stop-gap till I can afford something proper, such as a Japanese or European good.

... it was China that take this break-through into the world. the powder, the printing tech, the compass..
    It was the Arabs who first invented gunpowder, printing tech. and the compass. Not the Chinese. Do some research before you believe what they teach you in school with biased books.

Well, i hope Australian can lanch a rocket someday.
    Why oh why would we bother launching another rocket into space only to spend billions of dollars to discover all that what NASA said was true about lower-earth orbit. Australia is already a serious partner with the US Government and NASA. We got our priorities right. We provide medical care to our needy, assistance to our unemployed, subsidies to our small businesses, aid to our neighbours. Blowing billions of dollars in such an arrogant way as China did, I just think its extremely hostile. So, if Australia ever does decide to spend such ridiculous amounts of money on trying to rekindle 'the space race' I hope I wont be around to see it unless we already have solved all our problems and space exploration really is the next step.

Re: Re: Re: Everyone who was wondering where hometown is from...

So does this mean that China WILL share scientific information? Or are they simply doing all this to cover up for their inadequate social governing of the massive country. If a Chinese person in poverty were to fall ill, does the goverment provide any care? Not just in Beijing or Hong kong but anywhere? Or if a person worked hard and deserved to be payed for their profit, what do they get?
    Bawwaaaa another liberal guberment at work....guess who's gonna be a US state in the future Then us 'publicans can set you guys straight

ANYTHING which has the words "Made in China" written on it is cheap, yes, but still for the quality I'd say we are still being ripped off. And I mean anything. From the simple things like the slippers which only last a month to the electronic devices which seem to only work until their warranty period is up. Frankly, I've given up on it all. If I buy Chinese, I dont expect it to work. I just buy it as a stop-gap till I can afford something proper, such as a Japanese or European good.
    Then don't buy chinese....is that so hard???

It was the Arabs who first invented gunpowder.
    conjecture with no solid proof. Both points are up for question...so your both wrong...

Why oh why would we bother launching another rocket into space only to spend billions of dollars to discover all that what NASA said was true about lower-earth orbit. Australia is already a serious partner with the US Government and NASA. We got our priorities right. We provide medical care to our needy, assistance to our unemployed, subsidies to our small businesses, aid to our neighbours. Blowing billions of dollars in such an arrogant way as China did, I just think its extremely hostile. So, if Australia ever does decide to spend such ridiculous amounts of money on trying to rekindle 'the space race' I hope I wont be around to see it unless we already have solved all our problems and space exploration really is the next step.
    ahh blowing billions to make billions??? Or do you understand economics??? Watcha bet this marks an increase in countries opting to have china launch their satellites into orbit...hmm, billions with a B

Does all of australia hate china or is it just you, I would rather think you'd be more concerned with North Korea....

Oh Mickey boy, aaaaanything you say...

I dont wanna go anywhere near Yank controversy for my own personal interests.

But I will, however, laugh at you. Hahaha he he heee... *sigh*

Last edited by Deniz; October 17th, 2003 at 12:20 AM.

Oh Mickey boy, aaaaanything you say...

I dont wanna go anywhere near Yank controversy for my own personal interests.

But I will, however, laugh at you. Hahaha he he heee... *sigh*

laugh it up furball....nice rebuttal btw...makes me take your points into serious consideration.....here is your nice new tinfoil hat

[see above image]

[see above image]
    Girls gone wild is my favorite late night infomercial

I knew it

Denis:
    That might be incorrect, but the main point is that you have to help me from now , Okay ?
    I mean you should stop teasing me....

Thanks,

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast