CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

I need some MCSD tips

Hi :)
    This is my first post on CodeGuru so, let me say: Hello World!

I have decided to take the test for Microsoft 's Solution Developer Certificate but i want to try it without attending courses (which are quite expensive ;)...
    I have found a lot of literature, braindumps and stuff, but i just can't reach anybody who actually took the test.
    Please, is there anybody here willing to tell me more about it? I feel a little weak on the exam 70-300: Analyzing Requirements and Defining Microsoft .NET Solution Architectures

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by MaxHeadroom; October 20th, 2003 at 06:31 AM.

actually your in luck.. Our companies janitor took that test a few months ago and aced it. He said that the trick was to pay them enough money until they think your a good software developer.

He's not getting a new job in the company of course, we are all wise to those tricks... We know that the MCSD doesnt really mean much in the real world.
    Microsoft LVP - Least Valuable Professional

Please rate this post... Pleeeeeeaaassee!!!

Who said i am not a janitor too?

So, if i understood You correctly, your advice for me is not to take the test? Is it?

BTW: Thanks

no, I said you can take it, but as a professional it doesnt always mean a lot.

just mho.
    Microsoft LVP - Least Valuable Professional

Please rate this post... Pleeeeeeaaassee!!!

Which certification kicks
    Jesus died for my sin and now I am free

i was halfway thru MCSE then they changed to wind 2003
    so now i am gonna take MCSD in C#...
    BTW : is it tru that u need to have 2 years of working experience to take MCSD now a days?
    R. Thomas
    "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made know to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."Philippians 4:6-7
    "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1Thess. 5:16-18

Hi
    I asked at Prometric about the two years experience, not because i don't have one but because most of my experience was gathered on "commertial" versions of MS Visual Studio (don't tell anybody, hehe)

Anyway, they said it's just a recomendation, not a request...

Originally posted by MaxHeadroom
    Hi
    I asked at Prometric about the two years experience, not because i don't have one but because most of my experience was gathered on "commertial" versions of MS Visual Studio (don't tell anybody, hehe)

Anyway, they said it's just a recomendation, not a request...
    lets talk in simple english!
    are u saying its necessary or optional??
    R. Thomas
    "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made know to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."Philippians 4:6-7
    "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1Thess. 5:16-18

It is recommended.
    It is NOT required
    You don't need to have it

You can take course assessments on microsoft's web page. Also, from what I understand, there are so many people with C++ and Visual Basic listed as job experience on their resume that companies are looking for certifications so that they have some idea of competency.

so how the first timers in job like me are supposed to get a job???
    R. Thomas