CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Need some help with Outlook interfaces.

Hi,

I'm currently trying to get some part of the Outlook Object Model (OOM) implemented in a project I'm working on.

MSDN tells me that the help for OOM is located in vbaol10.chm, but I can't seem to find this file anywhere. Is it only present if you have outlook actually installed on your machine (which I haven't, I'm not using outlook) ? Or where can I pick up a copy of this so I can continue with my development.

Also, if I created MFC classes based on msoutl9.olb (Outlook 2000), does this mean that the program I'm writing will only interface with outlook 2000 ? or will it also work for Outlook 2002 ? What about earlier versions of outlook ?
    The company where this program will be running has a quite elaborate PC park, and they have several versions of outlook in use. My program is supposed to work on all the platforms and different versions of outlook.

The help file is an optional install with Office, so you probably didn't install it. Write your application with the oldest version of the object library that you want it to be compatible with and it will work with newer versions.

Well. No, I don't have Outlook myself, and I wouldn't want it even if MS payed me to install it. And I can't install it on my dev machine anyway.
    But I need to add support for Outlook in a project I'm working on, I'll do testing on a sandbox PC when I get back to the office in a couple days. I just wanna get the docs so I can do the programming (as far as I can get it without testing)