CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: how can we run a dos command from VB

Quote Originally Posted by Sahir
    Why not create batch files on the fly. Get the values entered by the user format the string for the batch file using the required commands and the values of the input write this to disk as mybatchfile.bat and then run mybatchfile.bat
    this is also what I would do - it is one less thing to worry about then when you are deploying. but I think the question relates to getting info from a text field on a web form embedded in his windows form??.... for which I can't help. sorry papa.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb
    this is also what I would do - it is one less thing to worry about then when you are deploying. but I think the question relates to getting info from a text field on a web form embedded in his windows form??.... for which I can't help. sorry papa.
    Oh! In my haste I only read half his post. If he needs to get data from a text field in web form this post may be of some help.

Smile Re: how can we run a dos command from VB

SoftWeng, you rule man! Thanks, very helpful code!

Okay, my laser printer started smudging streaks on pages, and I discovered that it was due to a strip of toner that had been already heated but was stuck to one of the paper handling rollers. The stuff is now caked on and hard as a rock. The heated toner has been smudging the sheets. How can I get it off without destroying the printer? How do I remove heated toner from inside my laser printer? Thanking you,
    Last edited by jason101; October 25th, 2008 at 01:17 AM.

How is that related to VB6, or the title of this post? This belongs in Chit-Chat, or anywhere else but here. You probably need a cleaning kit for your printer. HP sells them, with new rollers and everything you'll need.
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Finally there is proof ! You can raise the dead !!!

Our friend just stumbled across the elusive mystery which has baffled VB programmers for years - the dead can be raised

I just want to know how he found the thread

(It may just answer my problem also)

Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12