CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Print Variables

Print Variables

Hey all,

As stated before, I'm new to MFC programming. I come from the old DOS days. MS Quick C.

So here is my problem. During programming, I usually will put a few print statements in the code to monitor varibles or to mark that a function has been reached. Used to be I just used printf or the old _outtext(array,"CCC"var);

Well -outtext isn't in the lib and printf will not put anything to screen. Unless it's writing in the same color as my background.

So in short, I need to know how to quickly print a literal string/char or varible to screen.

Thanks. And yes I did look on the Code Guru pages/f.a.q. but couldn't find anything that would help.

Again, Thanks in advance for any and all responses

Jerry

Maybe you can using std::cout, which prints the variables' value to screen. For most funtamental types, std defined the operator <<, which performs output operation. For a customized type, you should also define the operator <<.

Thanks Icy,

I tried the cout<< but it wouln't print to screen. I had also tried printf. Same result. I believe the issue is I am writing an MFC window and not a console app. I could be wrong though.

I ended up using TextOut as such...

void C_MainFrame::OnStart()
    {

CClientDC StartDC(this);

if(C_MainFrame::C_Status == 'J')
    C_MainFrame::C_Status = 'G' ;

if(C_MainFrame::P_Status == 'J')
    C_MainFrame::P_Status = 'H' ;

StartDC.TextOut(10,10, C_MainFrame::C_Status);
    StartDC.TextOut(30,10, C_MainFrame::P_Status);

}

Probably not the best way but it worked and now I can delete it and continue on with the program

Thanks again.
    Jerry