dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: What control? 10 rows and 25 columns..

What control? 10 rows and 25 columns(Resolved)

Hi everyone ....
    I need to present some info to Users. This info is NOT coming from a database. I know VB has some control to do this, but I either cannot find it, or do not know how to use it(the latter is probably going to prove to be true).
    Basically, i need to display 10 catagories of stuff(all named item,cost, units ... etc) then below those would be the actual "Data". Anyone know what control I could use? I believe a standard listbox does not support multiple columns and the Flexgrid controls all need to be bound to databases.
    Thanks,
    Michael
    Last edited by Hobbit K; November 11th, 2003 at 05:25 PM.

Normal Listboxes CAN support multiple columns. There's a property you can set at design-time called Columns (and you should also be able to set that property at run-time using Listbox1.Columns = 10, but I'm not positive on that one since I haven't used a multi-column listbox in any programs I've written). I'm also pretty sure that the MSFelxGrid can be used without binding it to a database.
    I'd rather be wakeboarding...

The columns property changes the direction of the display from a down list to across. If there were some way of controlling where certain items are placed then I could get it to work with that property and control. I will play around with the MSFlexGrid control and see what kind of trouble I can get myself into :-)

Found it

ListView Control with View property set to 3 - lvwReport.