CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

visual studio crashes???

Hi!

My VC6 crashes as soon as I try to change a dialog. So I move any control in any of my dialogs and try to save the files after that. Then VC6 crashes immediately. None of my changes is saved then.

Maybe it has to do with my application, or more precise, with the ms-flexgrid used in it. My resource-file has already grown to 1.61 MBytes.
    How can I bring my recource-file back into its usual size? I think that the answer to this question answers also the crashing-problem...

Thanks in advance!

Marc

Did you try to delete the .ncb and .opt files?

-Ray

Thanks for your answer!

I'm proud, because it seems I solved the problem...

My initial idea seemed to be right: I brougt my *.rc file back to a normal size (now 77k) and a complete new compilation made everything working again.

How did I shrink my *.rc?

I use three ms-flexgrids in my app. In the *.rc I found two of them blown up with 0x000-lines. The idea now is simple: I took the values from the still small grid and copied them to the blown ones, deleting all the values of them. (Only in the blown sections, of course)

It took half an hour of work, but now I can continue with my job...

The next question arises: All those values that I just deleted and overwrote with ones from a different control just made nothing????

I didn't find any difference in the positioning or behavior of that control by now.

So what are these values good for?