CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

How to write programs for apple macintosh in VC++

Hi
    Is There some way to program macintosh using , vc++

you should look on msdn.microsoft.com for articles on VC++/Mac development.

One such is:

From One Code Base to Many Platforms Using Visual C++

yehh microsoft cross platform edition 4.0 is available , but i am amazed , what about 5.0 , 6.0 and later versions .

is the 4.0 is the last version releasd by microsoft , as well all articles on this topic were written in late 90's , with respect to VC4.0(MFC4.0) .
    so now i want to write my programs , written in VC6.0 to macintosh , what i do , will microsoft cross platform edition 4.0 will be compatible to VC6.0
    thanks

Originally posted by atif_ilm
    yehh microsoft cross platform edition 4.0 is available , but i am amazed , what about 5.0 , 6.0 and later versions .

is the 4.0 is the last version releasd by microsoft , as well all articles on this topic were written in late 90's , with respect to VC4.0(MFC4.0) .
    so now i want to write my programs , written in VC6.0 to macintosh , what i do , will microsoft cross platform edition 4.0 will be compatible to VC6.0
    thanks
    Well I have no expereince with MAC/Windows cross platform development. The article I picked out was the first meat and potato one I ran across in my local MSDN help. I would assume there has to be a devlopment section on MSDN.microsoft.com that deals with MAC/Windows development, I would keep searching around on MSDN...

If I remember well, Mac development was possible with VC4.2 version.
    Regards,
    Marco Era
    www.marcoera.com

Latest post on my blog: Back to the Amiga's times

But I want to convert my VC6.0 program to mac so what to do

But I want to convert my VC6.0 program to mac so what to do
    1) Drink heavily.
    2) Get CodeWarrior.
    Thought for the day/week/month/year:
    Windows System Error 4006:
    Replication with a nonconfigured partner is not allowed.

Originally posted by vicodin451
    1) Drink heavily.
    2) Get CodeWarrior.

But what about Microsoft VC++ .i know microsoft continousely launching their product version for macintosh such as Media Player , Internet Explorer so thier must be a direct way to port MFC code to macintosh.
    so any clue for latest development for macintosh using VC++ .

But what about Microsoft VC++ .i know microsoft continousely launching their product version for macintosh such as Media Player , Internet Explorer so thier must be a direct way to port MFC code to macintosh.

Originally written by Peter Turcan and Mike Wasson, Microsoft
    Microsoft Foundation Classes have turned out, in our opinion, to be somewhat more popular outside of the company than within...
    If you are not programming Cocoa / Objective C / or any of the hip new alternative non-conformist Macintosh metaphors on .NET, then CodeWarrior really does provide one of the best options if you do not want to downgrade your compiler. I'm not even sure if the old VC's mentioned in these various threads (4.2?) would be able to make code for the newer power mac chips, since it seems like they were written in good ol' 680x0 days...
    */*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

"It's hard to believe in something you don't understand." -- the sidhi X-files episode

galathaea: prankster, fablist, magician, liar

can CodeWarrior convert my existing (MFC+WIN32 mixed) code written in VC6.0 to macintosh.
    another thing CAN anybody tell me(as I asked from many ppl but no one answered)
    What happened to cross platrfrom edition , is that depreciated or disappeared in the air.

Ther will not be any automatic conversion by CodeWarrior. It just offers convenient tools (such as PowerPlant, multiple compilers, etc.) that can be used to write more portable code. One can also use Qt from TrollTech (now specifically a library, not a full IDE) along with some tool like CodeWarrior and portability is much more automated (once you've rewritten your code to the Qt libraries). But unfortunately, especially for naked win32 code, there is no automatic utility to change a project which was not properly planned for portability into something that can build across platforms with OS specific (such as GUI, message loops, etc.) capabilities.

"It's hard to believe in something you don't understand." -- the sidhi X-files episode

There hasn't been a mac VC since 96/97...