CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[VB] System notification icon that flashes

Hello all,

I was wondering if there is a recommended way/class/module that allows me to have a system notification icon that flashes/changes? for example the active sync manager... it looks grayed out when nothing is connected... it turns grean and rotates when it is looking for a connection.

thanks in advanced

Jay

you literally redraw the icon yourself on a timer.

user Thread1 posts often about systray icons.. i used his code and built on it for my system tray icon. it is a simple tool that implements an autosave function in macromedia DreamWeaver MX. when the app is idle, the icon goes red, when active, it is green. you may examine the code if you wish:
    "it's a fax from your dog, Mr Dansworth. It looks like your cat" - Gary Larson...DW1: Data Walkthroughs 1.1...DW2: Data Walkthroughs 2.0...DDS: The DataSet Designer Surface...ANO: ADO.NET2 Orientation...DAN: Deeper ADO.NET...DNU...PQ

hmm.. where did the attachment go?
    "it's a fax from your dog, Mr Dansworth. It looks like your cat" - Gary Larson...DW1: Data Walkthroughs 1.1...DW2: Data Walkthroughs 2.0...DDS: The DataSet Designer Surface...ANO: ADO.NET2 Orientation...DAN: Deeper ADO.NET...DNU...PQ

this is getting ridiculous!

trying attaching an image:

looks like attachments are broken. download it from here instead:

http://www.lexpos.com/pers/