CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

View Poll Results: Which industry are you writing code for?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Accounting

0 0%
  • Admin/Customer Service

0 0%
  • Government

1 7.14%
  • Science & Education

2 14.29%
  • Financial Services

1 7.14%
  • Security & Defence

2 14.29%
  • Healthcare & Medical

3 21.43%
  • Sales & Marketing

0 0%
  • Management/HR

0 0%
  • Other

5 35.71%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by SolarFlare
    Yves round these parts... how unexpected, and in a poll thread no less.

Seeing as nearly half of all votes (3/7) are for 'Other', maybe it would be wise to change the poll before this turns into the discussions in the 'Where are we From' Thread which centered around "I'm from significant country X but where is it?"
    What s the problem again ?

You and Yves re a moderator right ?
    If you tow think it s necessary to include some other things, just ask Deniz and then you can create other options...
    Is tat a big problem ?

My 2 cents and also 2 yens

Deniz, here is what I think about your polls, I think there are also some "similarities" b/w accounting and financial service, government and Security& Defense, Customer Sevice and SSales&Marketing. I dont know exactly what you meant by these terms at th etime you posted them, I think they usually go together, which is why I call "similarities", so you could put 2 in 1..

Just other 2 cents and also 2 yens

Originally posted by Homestead
    Deniz, here is what I think about your polls, I think there are also some "similarities" b/w accounting and financial service, government and Security& Defense, Customer Sevice and SSales&Marketing. I dont know exactly what you meant by these terms at th etime you posted them, I think they usually go together, which is why I call "similarities", so you could put 2 in 1..

Just other 2 cents and also 2 yens
    When we talk of industry, we usually refer to the type of product or product group being produce like pharmaceutical, banking and finance, entertainment & tourism, etc.

Accounting, Customer Services, Sales & Marketing are not industries. These are departments/divisions (or line of work) found in almost all firms in every industry.
    Marketing our skills - please participate in the survey and share your insights
    -

I can only identify 4 or 5 options in the poll about that I can consider industry
    - Space & Education
    - Financial Services
    - Security & Defense
    - Health Care & Medical
    - and (probably) government

The rest are lines of work. If we group them and make a poll, we should not even join Admin & Customer Service. Admin probably should be incorporated in Management/HR group. Admin, the way I immediately recognize it, refers to administration of a group of people who are part of the production while Customer Services refers to servicing people that are not part of the producing organization.
    -

Originally posted by aio
    When we talk of industry, we usually refer to the type of product or product group being produce like pharmaceutical, banking and finance, entertainment & tourism, etc.

Accounting, Customer Services, Sales & Marketing are not industries. These are departments/divisions (or line of work) found in almost all firms in every industry.
    I'm sorry your majesty
    Microsoft LVP - Least Valuable Professional

Please rate this post... Pleeeeeeaaassee!!!

Originally posted by aio
    I can only identify 4 or 5 options in the poll about that I can consider industry
    - Space & Education
    - Financial Services
    - Security & Defense
    - Health Care & Medical
    - and (probably) government

The rest are lines of work. If we group them and make a poll, we should not even join Admin & Customer Service. Admin probably should be incorporated in Management/HR group. Admin, the way I immediately recognize it, refers to administration of a group of people who are part of the production while Customer Services refers to servicing people that are not part of the producing organization.
    I cant say I really put that much thought into it to be honest.. but who cares anyway, right?
    Microsoft LVP - Least Valuable Professional

Please rate this post... Pleeeeeeaaassee!!!

Originally posted by Deniz
    ... but who cares anyway, right?
    Who knows
    -

Originally posted by Deniz
    I cant say I really put that much thought into it to be honest.. but who cares anyway, right?
    I care !

Originally posted by aio
    Who knows :
    I know !

Originally posted by Homestead
    I care !
    See?
    -

AIUEO
    KA KI KU KE KO
    SA SHI SU SE SO
    TA TI TU TE TO
    NA NI NU NE NO
    MA MI MU ME MO
    RA RI RU RE RO
    YA YU YO NNNNNNNNN
    WA

Deniz, you know how to pronounce these words ? I am glad to know you stay near me..... I am protected by you, right ?

Originally posted by aio
    My Highness I See?
    I really like it when you talk to me in that way..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123