CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Cfile::Read

Cfile::Read

I have a text file, like a data file, such as;

Text file:
    This is the test.

I can easily write something like that into the text file. But the problem starts while reading. I cannot control the read parameter, I want to reach character values of this text like "T", "h", "i" and I want to seperate them to control more efficiently. What do you suggest for this situation?

I am not sure if I have understood u correctly. But still, why don't you try reading into a buffer first and then try doing what u want??
    Muthu

Unhappy

What do you mean while saying "buffer"? It must be about handle a file CreateFile ReadFile?

I'm so sorry, but I'm so new at programming with Visual C++, I want to only read the file. Give me a trick to read a file only... it maybe some lines...

HANDLE hFile;

hFile = CreateFile("c:\\trial.txt",
    GENERIC_READ,
    NULL,
    OPEN_EXISTING,
    FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL,
    NULL);

if (hFile == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE)
    {
    ErrorHandler("Could not open trial.ini"); // process error
    }

This is true for the beginning while read a file? And What can I do after this? Give me a small lines or example about that

In my CStdioFile Sample is sample code for reading from a file and writing to another file. If your file is a text file, then it is easier to use CStdioFile. Then you can use ReadString() to read each line into a CString. Using the data in the CString, you can process the text the same as any other CString.
    "Signature":
    My web site is Simple Samples.
    C# Corner Editor