CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

second dialog slow respond

i have developed a program usign dialog based application.in that by clicking a button it will show the second dialog. iam using timer to display values in the parent and second dialog but my second dialog takes lot of time to respond.what shall i do? plese help me.

Can u show me ur code?

Where do you update these values? Within the timer function? Probably you can indeed send some of your code...

second window response time is slow

in the main window i have a timer and the second window and using combo box and some buttons. while clicking the buttons in the second window it is responding every slowly. how to make to respond quickly. if VB we use DOevents - like that did i have to include any command like that in vc++. please help me .

John E is offline Elite Member Power Poster
    It's not possible to answer a question like this definitively unless you post your code but here are a couple of things to look for:-

Open up Task Manager (before you run your program) and switch to the performance page. Then run your program. Is there a point when your program runs where the CPU usage shoots up to 100%? If so, you've probably got a tight loop that is soaking up processor cycles.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved.” - Charles F. Kettering

Re: second window response time is slow

Originally posted by minakannan
    in the main window i have a timer and the second window and using combo box and some buttons. while clicking the buttons in the second window it is responding every slowly. how to make to respond quickly. if VB we use DOevents - like that did i have to include any command like that in vc++. please help me .
    Well...what does the second dialog do? Are you doing some longer processing?