CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Error 20534 "Error detected by database DLL"

hi,

I'm using Crystal reports 8.0 with VB 6.0 and SQL Server 2000..I am getting the error "Error detected by database DLL" We were using SQL server 7.0 earlier and have recently upgraded to SQL 2000.The error appeared after this upgradation.Could anyone please help me with this.I've found some threads related to this error but none of them could solve my problem..Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
    Ekta Singh.
    -Ekta

Re: Error 20534 "Error detected by database DLL"

how are you passing the values to the report ? And also, are you using tables or stored procedures in the report ?

Check this list

If you installed ur package some where and getting this error then just make a check for the list of DLLs mentioned below, if any of them is not present in ur package then manually add it.

' FOR VB 6.0
    MSVBVM50.DLL
    MSVBVM60.DLL
    msvcp50.dll
    msvcp60.dll

'For SQL connection
    P2ssql.dll
    P2lsql.dll

'For Crystal reports
    craxddt.dll
    craxdrt.dll
    Crpaig80.dll
    crviewer.dll
    Crxlat32.dll
    Implode.dll
    itircl.dll
    itss.dll
    MSADODC.OCX
    MSBIND.DLL
    MSSTDFMT.DLL
    MSVCRT.DLL
    MSVCRT40.DLL
    msvfw32.dll
    OLEAUT32.DLL
    OLEPRO32.DLL
    P2smon.dll
    p2sodbc.dll
    p2soledb.dll
    SHLWAPI.DLL
    sscdlg.dll
    sscrc.dll
    sscsdk80.dll
    STDOLE2.TLB
    u252000.dll
    u25dts.dll
    u2dapp.dll
    u2ddisk.dll
    u2dmapi.dll
    u2dnotes.dll
    u2fhtml.dll
    u2frtf.dll
    u2ftext.dll
    u2fwks.dll
    u2fwordw.dll
    u2fxls.dll
    u2l2000.dll
    URLMON.DLL

'Not necessary to include
    msldbusr.dll
    UXDDISK.DLL
    UXFDOC.DLL
    UXFWKS.DLL
    UXFWORDW.DLL

Still if u r facing the same error, then either problem with the connection string or some table or field or SP or view missing.

Make sure and checkout.

Lightbulb Error 20534 "Error detected by database DLL when creating Leftt outer join"

I'm using Crystal reports 8.0 with VB 6.0 and SQL Server 2005..I am getting the error "Error detected by database DLL" when i create a left outer join on the table .
    plz answer......
    Last edited by rupali@alacronindia.com; July 21st, 2007 at 07:29 AM.

Re: Error 20534 "Error detected by database DLL when creating Leftt outer join"

Quote Originally Posted by rupali@alacronindia.com
    I'm using Crystal reports 8.0 with VB 6.0 and SQL Server 2005..I am getting the error "Error detected by database DLL" when i create a left outer join on the table .
    plz answer......
    it happens when query is wrong
    review your query using query analyzer of SQL server.

Re: Error 20534 "Error detected by database DLL"

I have seen this when trying to set the SQL Query of the Crystal object through code. This has to do with aliasing a table in a left outer join (not sure why - but it consistent across mutiple developer PCs on a VB6 IDE with Crystal 8 and Oracle DB). The SQL code runs fine in TOAD and SQL Plus, and also runs fine in Crystal but when embedded in VB as a string and passed in as part of the Crystal object's SQLQuery property it fails. The only way I have been able to get around this is to remove the alias (and if that is not possible - insert the SQL in Crystal and build with parameters). If anyone knows another work around, let us know!

I also tried putting Chr(34) around the alias names in the join and this did not work.