CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Printing a label vertically in Access 2000 ...

This is somewhat of a VBA question .... Anyone know of a way to get a label to print/display "sideways" (vertically)? I know of no fonts available ... Thanks!

I use OfficeXP, I don't know if this also applies to Access 2000.

There is a property named vertical for label control (in the Other tab of the property dialog). set it to yes and the label should print sideway

Luth,

AWESOME!!!! That get's me half way there ... Now all I gotta do is have it print vertical from right to left (bottom to top) ...

I think you're out of luck there, even in officeXp i can't get the label to print from bottom to top.

I know how to do it with windowed control (we can use CreateFontIndirect API for it).

Other way I can think of is by using image control.
    Create the text using Drawing application and save it in vector format (preferrably .WMF or .EMF format so we can resize it without having that jaggy edges) and load it in the Image control.

Originally posted by Luthv
    I think you're out of luck there, even in officeXp i can't get the label to print from bottom to top.

I know how to do it with windowed control (we can use CreateFontIndirect API for it).

Other way I can think of is by using image control.
    Create the text using Drawing application and save it in vector format (preferrably .WMF or .EMF format so we can resize it without having that jaggy edges) and load it in the Image control.
    At which time it's not worth my time to do so unless forced to ... Right now they're happy to have it vertical ...

Thanks again Luth.