This (locked) thread is a compilation of the rules of the General Discussion / Chit Chat forum.
For the veterans: I just merged the three stickies (Posts don't count/Moderation policy/Staying on topic)
For the newcomers: Please read this rules
First of all, I don't start this thread because of some incident in the General Discussion Forum. I just want to state a few things and let you guys tell me what you think.
The General Discussion Forum is somewhat special, because it does not have a topic posts have to adhere to. In other words, it allowes you to chat about whatever you like. However, this does not mean that every post content is acceptable.
This is an incomplete list of things that are not ok:
- fighting, insulting, calling names
- posting questionable things with a "disclaimer"
- posting questionable things with the note "if a mod thinks that this is not ok, he should feel free to delete it". If a mod has to edit your post, you are already in violation.
- posting copyrighted material. This includes using [img ] tags to display images from other web sides -- if you are not sure that these images are not copyrighted, don't post them.
- insulting prominent persons, e.g. politicians or CEOs of various companies.
A few times I have seen poeple say that the moderators are "spoiling the fun" of the forum. I think that this is not the case, as we seldom have edited or deleted posts -- not to speak about closing threads.
Last edited by Gabriel Fleseriu; July 14th, 2004 at 01:01 PM.
Gabriel, CodeGuru moderator
Forever trusting who we are
And nothing else matters - Metallica