CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Printing woes

Printing woes

Hello Gurus,

I am trying to add printing in my application, so instead of showing the setup screen for the printer where the user can select the settings for the page etc, like landscape, color/black and white, number of pages etc I am using my own dialog to get that settings.

Now number of pages I am able to pass, and since I will always be printing to the current default printer is there a way for to set properties of the printer such that it prints in llandscape if thats what the user has selected, and uses a particular paper size thats has been selected as well color or b/w whatever the user selects.

As I am using Automation to print from word, now sending the document is really easy, by passing options is not from automation espeacially for the web browser control, so if all this I can do by directly accessing the printing and then printng from the automation client my life would be much more simple..

So please help,.

Thanks!
    Pauli

If you want the full printer control with your own application, or if you want to draw shapes with undo/redo support,full moving,resizing and rotating,printing or mirror support etc.I think you should consider the 3rd party MFC Source Code component,such as XD++ MFC Library,the following link is:
    http://www.********.net

You can also do all these jobs by yourself,but I think this is a very hard work and will take you much time to do them.
    Regards

Well all I want to do is

Set the orientation of the printer,page size and the option of color/black and white, everything else I can already do.

Thanks!