Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now¿

Lynard Skynard - Gimme' Three Steps
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

An Atlantean Ode - Sobre Nocturne

Backstabber - John Lee Hooker

I'll Tell Me Ma - Chieftains & Van Morrison can't help myself smiling when this tune is one
    Har Har

Ballad of Courtis Lowe - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Hey hey, My my - Neil Young

Slow - MYMP
    A few friendly reminders:
    * Use Code Tags when posting code.
    * Rate good replies/post by clicking "Rate this Post" and leaving a positive feedback.
    * Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler. -- Albert Einstein

2 Minutes to Midnight - Iron Maiden

Quote Originally Posted by HanneSThEGreaT
    2 Minutes to Midnight - Iron Maiden
    I never knew how evil those lyrics were until I was listening to it it, and it just struck me, my cousin was over and I said to him "Did they just say to kill the unborn in the womb " I was like holy [explicit deleted] they are evil, they still rock though

18 And Life - Skid Row
    "Windows programming is like going to the dentist: You know it's good for you, but no one likes doing it."
    - Andre LaMothe

DLL For Beginners(UPDATED)
    Please use CODE tags
    Rate me if I've helped.

Thumbs up Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now¿

Quote Originally Posted by Notsosuperhero
    I never knew how evil those lyrics were until I was listening to it it, and it just struck me, my cousin was over and I said to him "Did they just say to kill the unborn in the womb " I was like holy [explicit deleted] they are evil, they still rock though
    I agree, I actually expected some responses on that song.
    Wish I could rate you
    I see it like this: If the song sounds good, I don't mind the lyrics (though it's hard not to hear the lyrics), but I don't take what they sing to my head. I mean, look at some of the looneys taking Marilyn Manson songs to heart and then decide to shoot up a school. Now what's the logic in that¿
    Earth has strange people

Currently listening to:
    Disturbed - Voices

lol yea, lyrics don't bother me ever really. I think people just take stuff too seriously, I mean come on do they really truely believe that the guys in Maiden go and sacrifice virgins at their house, no, they are probably pretty normal, drinking beer and watching sports.

The Trees - Rush
    "Windows programming is like going to the dentist: You know it's good for you, but no one likes doing it."
    - Andre LaMothe

DLL For Beginners(UPDATED)
    Please use CODE tags
    Rate me if I've helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsosuperhero
    lol yea, lyrics don't bother me ever really. I think people just take stuff too seriously, I mean come on do they really truely believe that the guys in Maiden go and sacrifice virgins at their house, no, they are probably pretty normal, drinking beer and watching sports.
    Like us!

Bush - Glycerine

I hope you guys don't mind if I join in on the conversation here. I personally avoid listening to songs with lyrics like those even though the beat is nice. (I'm feeling sorry for the wasted beat here. )

Anyways, I think our subconscious always gets/absorbs whatever it is that we listen, read, watch, etc. whether we consciously don't want to. In some cases, like probably like those who do commit crimes like that are SO exposed to negative things and it just overflows from their subconscious to the conscious mind. For me that makes sense. I'm not telling you guys what to listen to.. I just thought of sharing what I think or rather, an explanation why some do end up doing those things.

Right now, I'm not listening to any song. Sorry.
    Last edited by cherish; January 31st, 2006 at 09:36 AM. Reason: spelling
    A few friendly reminders:
    * Use Code Tags when posting code.
    * Rate good replies/post by clicking "Rate this Post" and leaving a positive feedback.
    * Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler. -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by cherish
    I hope you guys don't mind if I join in on the conversation here. I personally avoid listening to songs with lyrics like those even though they beat is nice. (I'm feeling sorry for the wasted beat here. )

Anyways, I think our subconscious always gets/absorbs whatever it is that we listen, read, watch, etc. whether we consciously don't want to. In some cases, like probably like those who do commit crimes like that are SO exposed to negative things and it just overflows from their subconscious to the conscious mind. For me that makes sense. I'm not telling you guys what to listen to.. I just thought of sharing what I think or rather, an explanation why some do end up doing those things.

Right now, I'm not listening to any song. Sorry.
    Ya, songs do have an influence on people's moods and (how do you spell subconscience¿). Some people do take it literally, and we all know the consequences of that.
    To me, I listen to certain songs / artists depending on my mood - and you'll be amazed at how it actually helps in some situations.

Because dearest cherish didn't listen to a song in her previous thread, I'll post 2 (one for me and one for her)
    Now isn't that sweet of me¿

Me: Be Like That - three doors down
    Cherish: Push The Button - Sugababes

Page 40 of 180 FirstFirst ... 30373839404142435090140 ... LastLast