CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
    Thanks I fixed the problem the reason I am using c instead of c++ is because my lecture is living in the dark ages (ones and zeros)
    Last edited by Robbo99; October 21st, 2004 at 06:51 AM.

Re: printing the contents of a pointer

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo99
    but instead it is giving me large numbers which I think are the pointer address but not the output here is the code I would love it if someone could show me how to fix it
    ah the joys of scanf how are you entering the data all in one line then note that scanf will read the entire line into you char array which only holds 10 characters and hence produce a buffer overflow overwriting anything in memory after that buffer is there any reason why you are using plain old C instead of C++

When the problem lies with scanf, use strncpy. That way, you can specify just how much you would like to copy into the character array.
    Here are the rules, you must obey them or the gender bender will get you.

And if you ever think of posting without code-tags, the evil monkey will come after you.

Robbo99 - Please don't delete your original question. Even though it was answered to your satisfaction, some of us (namely me) would like to know what the problem was...

Thanks!

Viggy