CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

Smile Missing DLL for Crystl32.ocx 6.1

Hi,

I'm using MS Access 2000 and VB in conjuction with crystal ActiveX control
    Crystl32.ocx (v. 6.1) to preview and print from SQL 2000 database. All this worked fine under Windows 2000 OS. However, when I try to do the same under Windows XP OS I'm getting the error "Can not find Database DLL".

I tried re-registering the Crystl32.ocx control, which was not a problem, however, this did not correct the preview and print problem. The following are the DLLs that I copied from the Windows 2000 pc to Windows XP;

CRPE32.dll - Interface to the Crystal Report engine
    CRPAIG32.dll - Crystal Reports text object suport
    IMPLODE.dll - compression library

The remaining DLLs that I know of are;

MFC42.dll - MS Foundation Class libraries
    MSVCIRT.dll - runtime lib
    MSVCP60.dll - runtime lib
    OLEPRO32.dll - OLE Property Support DLL

Thank you for your help,

Daniel

Re: Missing DLL for Crystl32.ocx 6.1

hi
    i don't know is this going to help, but i had kind of same problem when started to use XP instead of 2K:
    i was getting a message: "missing crystl32.ocx" all the time....tried to register it, but it didn't work..
    what i had to do was to install an older version of crystal reports, 8.0 or 8.5, because i was told that newer versions do not support ocx controls....

Re: Missing DLL for Crystl32.ocx 6.1

This is a really crappy message that Crystal are too lazy to fix by putting proper granular error-handler is their code.
    It could be caused by a number of problems, including a missing DLL. It could be caused by having a subreport, and failing to programmatically send the logon information to the subreport by iterating through the collection of subreports and setting the logon infop for each one.
    This occurs on some ODBC connections, but not on others depending on how the OS implements its security.
    On our connection to an AS400, for example, we don't get this error because the connection is configurable and you can (in essence) set it to store its logon info for that session.
    If you have subreports, try sending logoninfo to each one.

dave