CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

how do i include dlls ocxs and everything in one exe in vb.net 2001,2003

please help me

Re: how do i include dlls ocxs and everything in one exe in vb.net 2001,2003

With the DLL's it's dependant on what they were written in and how, but most *.ocx's should work fine.

For ocx files...
    Open a project in Visual Studio, expand the "Toolbox", right-click anywhere in the Toolbox and click "Add/Remove Items", click "COM Components", click "Browse"...locate the file on your harddrive in the the Browse dialog and click "Open", make sure that the control is checked in the list, and then click "OK". The control should show up in the list of controls on the Toolbox, and you can drag&drop one onto your form.

For dll's...
    Open a project in Visual Studio, right-click on "References", click "Add Reference", click "Browse", locate the file and click "Open". The DLL will show up in a list at the bottom and you can click "OK". Visual Studio will determine whether or not it can use the DLL, and if not it will let you know.

In that event, you're going to need to call on the DLL in your code, so you'll need the exact names of the functions as they're known in the DLL. If you need the code for referencing a DLL at runtime, let me know.

how do i include dlls ocxs and everything in one exe
    If I understand U correctly ...
    Input: dlls, ocxs, souce code.
    Output: one exe file which includes all input inside that exe (U distribute only one exe without dlls and ocxs because they are already included in exe)

Is it IT what U want?

Best regards,
    Krzemo.

vb.net 2001
    I think you meant vb.net 2002
    My latest article: Explicating the new C++ standard (C++0x)

Do rate the posts you find useful.

Krzemo: I tried asking that same question just recently with no resolution. That is how I understood the question as well tho'. Do you have a way of doing that?

usfeb14: Unless someone else has a solution I am unaware of, I was forced to continue using a self executing zipfile that unzips the app and supporting files into a safe location and executes it from there.

Anyone else?

DS

As far as I know... there isn't a way where u can deploy one exe with all the dlls n ocx inside it.

Only in VC++ there is a way by including as MFC Static library.

An alternative is using install sheild
    Back after a long hibernation.

Good Luck,
    Craig - CRG IT Solutions - Microsoft Gold Partner

-My posts after 08/2015 = .NET 4.x and Visual Studio 2015
    -My posts after 11/2011 = .NET 4.x and Visual Studio 2012
    -My posts after 02/2010 = .NET 4.0 and Visual Studio 2010
    -My posts after 12/2007 = .NET 3.5 and Visual Studio 2008
    -My posts after 04/2007 = .NET 3.0 and Visual Studio 2005
    -My posts before 04/2007 = .NET 1.1/2.0

*I do not follow all threads, so if you have a secondary question, message me.