CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Moving Controls At Runtime

I have worked with applications in the past that allow the user to move/modify controls at runtime and allow those modifications to be saved. For example, the user may want to add a text box to a form and once added, the change is saved so that every time the user opens the form the text box appears. All of this is done without the user actually being able to view/modify the code. Does anyone know how this is achieved?

Re: Moving Controls At Runtime

Quote Originally Posted by Qatester
    I have worked with applications in the past that allow the user to move/modify controls at runtime and allow those modifications to be saved. For example, the user may want to add a text box to a form and once added, the change is saved so that every time the user opens the form the text box appears. All of this is done without the user actually being able to view/modify the code. Does anyone know how this is achieved?
    I have not tried it but isn't that simple by just saving the new control and its properties into a text file (maybe something like *.ini)? Then reload and re-create (however you do) it from the said file?
    Marketing our skills - please participate in the survey and share your insights
    -

Re: Moving Controls At Runtime