CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

timeSetEvent problems...

Hi,

I am using multimedia timers throughout my application and have never had any problems with them until today.

I created a dll file that has a multimedia timer that runs inside it from within a new process created by using CreateThread which I gave a priority of THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL and I tried THREAD_PRIORITY_LOWEST. Everything works fine, except that while timeSetEvent is running from within my dll none of my other multimedia timers will work until I stop the one running in my dll.

In my dll I do this:

vis_timer = timeSetEvent(25, 250, vis_time_event, (DWORD) NULL, TIME_PERIODIC);

Whenever the above is running, then any other calls I make to timeSetEvent in the rest of my application never reach the callback function until the above is stopped using timeKillEvent(vis_timer);

So for example if the timer shown above was running then when I do the following it never reaches the callback.

SlideWaveTimer=timeSetEvent(25,250,(LPTIMECALLBACK)&SlideWaveVolume, (DWORD)this, TIME_PERIODIC);

It never gets to SlideWaveVolume, until I stop the timer in my thread. Anyone know why that the timer in my thread would stop the other timers from reaching the callback? The CPU is not taxed at all, 16%. My timer resolutions are not that accurate timeSetEvent(25, 250 .... for all of them... I am lost

Thanks,
    Greg

Re: timeSetEvent problems...

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,
    Greg