Who is the Sexiest Actress┐┐ - Page 21
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 21 of 87 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223243171 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 1292

Thread: Who is the Sexiest Actress┐┐

  1. #301
    Ejaz's Avatar
    Ejaz is offline Elite Member Power Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Posts
    4,211

    Re: Who is the Sexiest Actress┐┐

    Quote Originally Posted by reset-leo
    that may be a problem, yes.

    another way to solve the problem is to temporarily put the girlfriend into a above normal priority state.
    this may sound stupid, but:
    run yourself in a loop in which you only perform tasks that keep the girlfriend going on with what she's doing.
    this may sound even more stupid, but:
    after each task in the loop is finished, put in a sleep for yourself with increasing duration every iteration.
    --> your girlfriend will more and more recognize that you're getting REALLY tired, and because you are so kind to care about all her tasks, she will sooner or later allow you to go and relax (tip: best to relax is working on your car, going for a motorcycle ride or maybe do something with your computer. it's only important that the girlfriend is out of range )
    Two things:

    1) at a very higher iteration, your sleep may get incrase enough that your girl friend process might get into starving and eventually into non-responding state too.

    2) DON'T GET OFF TOPIC

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    (Upper-) Austria
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Who is the Sexiest Actress┐┐

    Quote Originally Posted by Ejaz
    Did you guys notice that this thread is comming at the 6th position in terms of responses, the other 5 threads are much older then this one and with this pace, it will come at the top pretty soon.

    1) Poll: Where are we from ?
    2) The Boring Thread
    3) The "last one to post on this thread wins" Thread
    4) question and answer thread.
    5) AAAh A joke(Lets share Jokes)
    6) Who is the Sexiest Actress┐┐

    If we remove the first poll, then we are in the first 5 guys.
    Really nice! Hannes can call himself as one of the top thread starter. Among Tom Frohman, Solarflare and kandukondein (sorry when I wrote you wrong buddy)...

    Quote Originally Posted by reset-leo
    that may be a problem, yes.

    another way to solve the problem is to temporarily put the girlfriend into a above normal priority state.
    this may sound stupid, but:
    run yourself in a loop in which you only perform tasks that keep the girlfriend going on with what she's doing.
    this may sound even more stupid, but:
    after each task in the loop is finished, put in a sleep for yourself with increasing duration every iteration.
    --> your girlfriend will more and more recognize that you're getting REALLY tired, and because you are so kind to care about all her tasks, she will sooner or later allow you to go and relax (tip: best to relax is working on your car, going for a motorcycle ride or maybe do something with your computer. it's only important that the girlfriend is out of range )
    Yes that is a good implementation, of the WTP (Women-Talking-Problem). Another good - very difficult implementation, but maybe that most honored one - is just call the listen() function. I have tried it this way - it was a stony way my friend - but at least I got Girlfriend 1.1.5 Gamma at least, which had new features like: cookstimes() (cook sometimes) and comprehension for my computer work changed from the formula COMPnew = COMPold - (2 * (random(1, get_shirty())) to COMPnew = COMPold + random(1, 0xFF);. Tricky implementation call the change2topic(const char*); function in the proper situation to either make the conversation shorter or - in the worst case of n^3 - making it longer. As said the conversation can either grow up to n = n ^ 3 or it can go to ele...null.
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Upper Austria
    Posts
    215

    Re: Who is the Sexiest Actress┐┐

    Quote Originally Posted by NoHero
    Yes that is a good implementation, of the WTP (Women-Talking-Problem). Another good - very difficult implementation, but maybe that most honored one - is just call the listen() function. I have tried it this way - it was a stony way my friend - but at least I got Girlfriend 1.1.5 Gamma at least, which had new features like: cookstimes() (cook sometimes) and comprehension for my computer work changed from the formula COMPnew = COMPold - (2 * (random(1, get_shirty())) to COMPnew = COMPold + random(1, 0xFF);. Tricky implementation call the change2topic(const char*); function in the proper situation to either make the conversation shorter or - in the worst case of n^3 - making it longer. As said the conversation can either grow up to n = n ^ 3 or it can go to ele...null.
    it's a good thing to start with the listen() function! you will know when the time is right to overload it and build in some delays and filters. it will also help at work when you're communicating with bosses, as they and gf's work similar (producing stupid ideas and a lot of hot air. sometimes i ask myself, why there are no sailplanes soaring above certain companies).

    after a long long time (~4 years) of systems analysis i managed to install cooking as a scheduled task on my girlfriend (starting every day evening after work). the only bug that's left and really annoys me, is the "ask for meal" query before the cooking task starts.
    i will some day have to create some AI which makes my girlfriend know what i deserve so i don't have think about such things any longer. NOTE: girlfriends' "shopping" routine does not have a communications interface to our meal-memory, so it's impossible for us to imagine what can be created out of the stuff bought every friday, even if we go shopping together.
    reboot, and everything is good

    visit my website at hochleistung.at

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    (Upper-) Austria
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Who is the Sexiest Actress┐┐

    Quote Originally Posted by reset-leo
    it's a good thing to start with the listen() function! you will know when the time is right to overload it and build in some delays and filters. it will also help at work when you're communicating with bosses, as they and gf's work similar (producing stupid ideas and a lot of hot air. sometimes i ask myself, why there are no sailplanes soaring above certain companies).
    I think both have the same superclass...

    Quote Originally Posted by reset-leo
    after a long long time (~4 years) of systems analysis i managed to install cooking as a scheduled task on my girlfriend (starting every day evening after work). the only bug that's left and really annoys me, is the "ask for meal" query before the cooking task starts.
    i will some day have to create some AI which makes my girlfriend know what i deserve so i don't have think about such things any longer. NOTE: girlfriends' "shopping" routine does not have a communications interface to our meal-memory, so it's impossible for us to imagine what can be created out of the stuff bought every friday, even if we go shopping together.
    Yes... But my Me::stomache namespace automatically threw a HungryException including "I ho an hunga... koch ma uns wos?" or "Wia was won ma uns wos kochan?" as error message. I think the catch rating was at approxemiatly 90 percent.
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    24

    Re: Who is the Sexiest Actress┐┐

    um... I think Catherine Zeta-Jones is the most beautiful woman on the silver screen. But I'm a girl and don't have a thing for... headlights... Ange is just too strange for me!

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    100m below sea level
    Posts
    189

    Re: Who is the Sexiest Actress┐┐

    Quote Originally Posted by ****eygirl
    um... I think Catherine Zeta-Jones is the most beautiful woman on the silver screen. But I'm a girl and don't have a thing for... headlights... Ange is just too strange for me!
    how about monica?



    //you won the award of "first girl to reply on this thread"....
    Come Join This Poll Where are we from? (Ultimate)

    Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Johann Wolfgang
    An idle brain is the devil's workshop. - unknown

  7. #307
    Ejaz's Avatar
    Ejaz is offline Elite Member Power Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Posts
    4,211

    Re: Who is the Sexiest Actress┐┐

    What about Elizaheth Hurley?

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Sunny South Africa
    Posts
    11,091

    Re: Who is the Sexiest Actress┐┐

    Quote Originally Posted by Ejaz
    Did you guys notice that this thread is comming at the 6th position in terms of responses, the other 5 threads are much older then this one and with this pace, it will come at the top pretty soon.

    1) Poll: Where are we from ?
    2) The Boring Thread
    3) The "last one to post on this thread wins" Thread
    4) question and answer thread.
    5) AAAh A joke(Lets share Jokes)
    6) Who is the Sexiest Actress┐┐

    If we remove the first poll, then we are in the first 5 guys.
    Nice!

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    (Upper-) Austria
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Who is the Sexiest Actress┐┐

    Quote Originally Posted by Max Payne
    //you won the award of "first girl to reply on this thread"....
    Congratulations... ...
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    24

    Re: Who is the Sexiest Actress┐┐

    Quote Originally Posted by NoHero
    Congratulations... ...

    uh... thanks... I think. Is that a good thing? ...I'm comfortable enough in my girlyness to check out other women.

    Monica Bellucci? She's not really my type...

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    100m below sea level
    Posts
    189

    Re: Who is the Sexiest Actress┐┐

    Quote Originally Posted by ****eygirl
    uh... thanks... I think. Is that a good thing? ...I'm comfortable enough in my girlyness to check out other women.
    girls checking out girls, ain't that weird compared to guys checking out guys.

    Quote Originally Posted by ****eygirl
    Monica Bellucci? She's not really my type...
    really? thank god, now I'll have her for myself...
    Come Join This Poll Where are we from? (Ultimate)

    Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Johann Wolfgang
    An idle brain is the devil's workshop. - unknown

  12. #312
    Ejaz's Avatar
    Ejaz is offline Elite Member Power Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Posts
    4,211

    Re: Who is the Sexiest Actress┐┐

    Quote Originally Posted by Max Payne
    really? thank god, now I'll have her for myself...
    Don't be too sure about that, there will be plenty ahead you

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    100m below sea level
    Posts
    189

    Re: Who is the Sexiest Actress┐┐

    Quote Originally Posted by Ejaz
    Don't be too sure about that, there will be plenty ahead you
    at least i lost the woman competitor.. they could be a real threat !!
    Come Join This Poll Where are we from? (Ultimate)

    Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Johann Wolfgang
    An idle brain is the devil's workshop. - unknown

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    (Upper-) Austria
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Who is the Sexiest Actress┐┐

    Quote Originally Posted by Max Payne
    at least i lost the woman competitor.. they could be a real threat !!
    I think everyone can rate the hot-factor of a women... And it's a threat? Naw, I do not think so...

    /think? more a hope...
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Sunny South Africa
    Posts
    11,091

    Re: Who is the Sexiest Actress┐┐

    Ladies don't be offended.. Please

    Guys who do you think would be the sexiest between Che_Rish and ****eyGirl, our new female friends┐

Page 21 of 87 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223243171 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows Mobile Development Center


Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

This is a CodeGuru survey question.


Featured


HTML5 Development Center