CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 20 of 87 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122233070 ... LastLast

Re: Who is the Sexiest Actress¿¿

Quote Originally Posted by reset-leo
    i won't post a picture of her.
    Then shut up and sit down in the back row next to Hannes ...
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

Quote Originally Posted by Ejaz
    Well, you have very limited options, either upgrade your girl friend, or be in the protected mode around her. Girl Friend & Software, you can never trust, they can show unexpected behaviour anytime.
    nah.. upgrading may even worsen his current situation, an upgrade may solve the original problem, but adding with some new extra features which of course would be buggy also... so basically you have no way to go...

/have you tried to uninstall her..??
    Come Join This Poll Where are we from? (Ultimate)

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Johann Wolfgang
    An idle brain is the devil's workshop. - unknown

Ejaz is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Max Payne
    nah.. upgrading may even worsen his current situation, an upgrade may solve the original problem, but adding with some new extra features which of course would be buggy also... so basically you have no way to go...

/have you tried to uninstall her..??
    umm....Serivce Packs?

well, i don't know how hannes deals with it, but i'm an experienced user, so i can handle my girlfriend. since i didn't upgrade her for more than 6 years now, i have also solved all mayor bugs and luckily didn't introduce any new with questionable service packs or whatever.
    the only update were the cats, which solved some major bugs such as her annoying me or being bored when i'm going out alone.

@nohero: i (other than hannes) never promised to post a pic.
    reboot, and everything is good

visit my website at hochleistung.at

Be aware of the following software problems before purchasing.

Last year a friend of mine upgraded GirlFriend 1.0 to Wife 1.0 and found that it's a memory hog leaving very little system resources for other applications. He is only now noticing that Wife 1.0 also is spawning Child-Processes which are further consuming valuable resources. No mention of this particular phenomena was included in the product brochure or the documentation, though other users have informed him that this is to be expected due to the nature of the application. Not only that, Wife 1.0 installs itself such that it is always launched at system initialization where it can monitor all other system activity. He's finding that some applications such as PokerNight 10.3, BeerBash 2.5, and PubNight 7.0 are no longer able to run in the system at all, crashing the system when selected (even though they always worked fine before).

At installation, Wife 1.0 provides no option as to the installation of undesired Plug-Ins such as MotherInLaw 55.8 and BrotherInLaw Beta release. Also, system performance seems to diminish with each passing day.

The features he'd like to see in the upcoming Wife 2.0 include:

- A "Don't remind me again" button
    - Minimize button
    - An install shield feature that allows Wife 2.0 to be installed with the option to uninstall at anytime without the loss of cache and other system resources.
    - An option to run the network driver in promiscuous mode which would allow the systems hardware probe feature to be much more useful.

I myself decided to avoid all of the headaches associated with Wife 1.0 by sticking with Girlfriend 2.0. Even here, however, I found many problems. Apparently you cannot install Girlfriend 2.0 on top of Girlfriend 1.0. You must uninstall Girlfriend 1.0 first. Other users say this is a long standing bug which I should have been aware of. Apparently the versions of Girlfriend have conflicts over shared use of the I/O port. You think they would have fixed such a stupid bug by now. To make matters worse, The uninstall program for Girlfriend 1.0 doesn't work very well leaving undesirable traces of the application in the system.

Another thing that sucks -- all versions of Girlfriend continually pop-up little annoying messages about the advantages of upgrading to Wife 1.0

BUG WARNING

Wife 1.0 has an undocumented bug. If you try to install Mistress 1.1 before uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete MSMoney files before doing the uninstall itself. Then Mistress 1.1 will refuse to install, claiming insufficient resources.

BUG WORK-AROUNDS

To avoid the above bug, try installing Mistress 1.1 on a different system and never run any file transfer applications such as LapLink 6.0. Also, beware of similar shareware applications that have been known to carry viruses that may affect Wife 1.0.

Another solution would be to run Mistress 1.0 via a UseNet provider under an anonymous name. Here again, beware of the viruses which can accidentally be downloaded from the UseNet.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

it's funny, even though it's old.

well, i don't know how hannes deals with it, but i'm an experienced user, so i can handle my girlfriend. since i didn't upgrade her for more than 6 years now, i have also solved all mayor bugs and luckily didn't introduce any new with questionable service packs or whatever.
    the only update were the cats, which solved some major bugs such as her annoying me or being bored when i'm going out alone.
    Howzit guys!
    I love my girl, and she loves me - it's all that matters. BTW. If she hits me, I'll get my sister to beat her up! , but I know she won't really hurt me..

@nohero: i (other than hannes) never promised to post a pic.
    That's what started my trouble

Quote Originally Posted by HanneSThEGreaT
    That's what started my trouble
    That should teach you an important lesson: never make a promise unless you are sure you can keep it.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Quote Originally Posted by HanneSThEGreaT
    Howzit guys!
    I love my girl, and she loves me - it's all that matters. BTW. If she hits me, I'll get my sister to beat her up! , but I know she won't really hurt me..
    Yub, that's all that matters... we are just joking around a bit, and it's funny to read (even for my class mates that are sitting next to me )...

Currently I have enough space and CPU time available for a girlfriend, but it's hard to find one that fit's my system.
    Use the Code Tags!

Quote Originally Posted by NoHero
    Currently I have enough space and CPU time available for a girlfriend, but it's hard to find one that fit's my system.
    which system µLinux??

which system µLinux??
    A self coded 16bit Unix clone which can handle all 4GB memory by loading the old DOS driver himem.sys. I haven't included nice() and fork() so far, that's why the girls have not been very fond of me.... by now (hopefully).
    Use the Code Tags!

A self coded 16bit Unix clone which can handle all 4GB memory by loading the old DOS driver himem.sys. I haven't included nice() and fork() so far, that's why the girls have not been very fond of me.... by now (hopefully).
    so it's obvious that you don't have a chance to run a girl as you're producing 100% load calculating the adresses for the (max) 4GB memory with your 16bit ops.

i would really recommend to optimize memory management to a lower address range as you won't need too much memory for a girlfriend. girlfriends inherit from women, so there's not even fast memory access needed! i would also suggest saying "jo jo" (german for "i see") as standard exception handling for any memory exceptions concerning girlfriend operations.

finally, i almost got to the point where i would say that it's better to get some nice and handy hardware than trying to compensate money savings on that hardware with complicated software. got it?

so it's obvious that you don't have a chance to run a girl as you're producing 100% load calculating the adresses for the (max) 4GB memory with your 16bit ops.

i would really recommend to optimize memory management to a lower address range as you won't need too much memory for a girlfriend. girlfriends inherit from women, so there's not even fast memory access needed! i would also suggest saying "jo jo" (german for "i see") as standard exception handling for any memory exceptions concerning girlfriend operations.

finally, i almost got to the point where i would say that it's better to get some nice and handy hardware than trying to compensate money savings on that hardware with complicated software. got it?
    I got you ... ... I am still in fear the childprocess girlfriend becomes a zombie after being frustrated by the default "jo jo" handler....
    Use the Code Tags!

Ejaz is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Did you guys notice that this thread is comming at the 6th position in terms of responses, the other 5 threads are much older then this one and with this pace, it will come at the top pretty soon.

1) Poll: Where are we from ?
    2) The Boring Thread
    3) The "last one to post on this thread wins" Thread
    4) question and answer thread.
    5) AAAh A joke(Lets share Jokes)
    6) Who is the Sexiest Actress¿¿

If we remove the first poll, then we are in the first 5 guys.

I got you ... ... I am still in fear the childprocess girlfriend becomes a zombie after being frustrated by the default "jo jo" handler....
    that may be a problem, yes.

another way to solve the problem is to temporarily put the girlfriend into a above normal priority state.
    this may sound stupid, but:
    run yourself in a loop in which you only perform tasks that keep the girlfriend going on with what she's doing.
    this may sound even more stupid, but:
    after each task in the loop is finished, put in a sleep for yourself with increasing duration every iteration.
    --> your girlfriend will more and more recognize that you're getting REALLY tired, and because you are so kind to care about all her tasks, she will sooner or later allow you to go and relax (tip: best to relax is working on your car, going for a motorcycle ride or maybe do something with your computer. it's only important that the girlfriend is out of range )

Page 20 of 87 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122233070 ... LastLast