CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 82 of 87 FirstFirst ... 327279808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1292

Re: Who is the Sexiest Actress¿¿

What is often disregarded in those surveys is personality. Looks are far from everything. I think it is rather unfortunate that we meet the person on the outside before we perceive what sort of person they are on the inside.

Statistics are (at least in the USA) that most marriages end in divorce within two years. That's an alarming reality, and it seems to say a lot about how people are deciding who is Miss/Mr. Right.
    Please remember to rate the posts and threads that you find useful.
    How can something be both new and improved at the same time?

Thank you, WizBang, for saying that. I was going to say something like that but I did not want to sound like I was lecturing.

I think the term "sexy" is used too much, but don't want to be critical of this discussion. I don't know what would be a better criteria (a better term) but I personally would prefer to admire women that are beautiful inside and out.
    "Signature":
    My web site is Simple Samples.
    C# Corner Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hobbs
    Thank you, WizBang, for saying that. I was going to say something like that but I did not want to sound like I was lecturing.

I think the term "sexy" is used too much, but don't want to be critical of this discussion. I don't know what would be a better criteria (a better term) but I personally would prefer to admire women that are beautiful inside and out.
    I agree. I'd like to think that when someone has a pleasant personality, it shines through in their facial expressions. Perhaps this is really what we are supposed to focus on, but the emphasis in todays media has pulled society in what I see as an entirely wrong direction. I think there's too much emphasis below the neck. The thread title speaks for itself, but I'm not suggesting it's a bad thread or anything.

I don't want to sound like I'm lecturing either. The subject of the thread should be maintained at least to some degree, even though it's chit-chat.

OK, enough with the serious talk. Let's get back to the guessing game, or something more fun like that

Back to the game.

@WizBang: I went to a couple Canadian Actresses sites and couldn't find the one you posted

What movie does she play in ¿

Serious: Do you guys really feel I should change the thread title, I won't mind. Beauty is what is in the inside..

Quote Originally Posted by HanneSThEGreaT
    Serious: Do you guys really feel I should change the thread title, I won't mind. Beauty is what is in the inside..
    Well, the beauty that we can perceive from movies/TV is only on the outisde, with few if any exceptions. Therefore, I'd say the title isn't so far off from what is actually presented to viewers. Maybe "nicest looking", or "most attractive", but those aren't any less subjective. There doesn't seem to be a solid "science" to define attraction.

I seem to recall some replies noting a difference between "sexiest", "cutest", and so forth. If you want to discuss the sexiness of actresses as you see it, then let the title stand. If it's not what you really meant, then edit accordingly. It's your thread, so your definition should probably be the one to use.

Quote Originally Posted by HanneSThEGreaT
    No, I think it is okay to leave it as-is, especially since it is so big already. You or someone could start a new thread, though.

I am not someone that would suggest that a bathing-suit competition be removed from a Miss Universe contest. I think it is appropriate to appreciate a good body, but that is a subjective thing. I think that sexiness is much more subjective and personal.

So I think the most important point I have for this thread is that we should not expect agreement about "Who is the Sexiest Actress¿¿".
    "Signature":
    C# Corner Editor

IMHO, I think this thread is a way to talk about who each member think is the sexiest actress.
    A few friendly reminders:
    * Use Code Tags when posting code.
    * Rate good replies/post by clicking "Rate this Post" and leaving a positive feedback.
    * Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler. -- Albert Einstein

Speaking about Sexiest actresses, I think it's safe to say that WizBang stumped us all, and can now finally tell us who she is.
    Is it OK ¿

Yeah, it's been a while since a someone tried to guess.
    So WizBang, please tell us who she is.
    * Rate good replies/post by clicking "Rate this Post" and leaving a positive feedback.
    * Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler. -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by cherish
    IMHO, I think this thread is a way to talk about who each member think is the sexiest actress.
    I don't think anyone said anything differently.
    "Signature":
    C# Corner Editor

I don't think anyone said anything differently.
    I think so too.

Sorry if you thought I was referring to your post. I wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by cherish
    Yeah, it's been a while since a someone tried to guess.
    So WizBang, please tell us who she is.
    Wow, I figured someone would guess it.
    OK, she is Meghan Black.

I guess that one was a bit too obscure. I'll post another later when I get a few moments...

Jeri Ryan

And don't try to negate what I say !!!!!

She looks the best in the Unimatrix Zero episode as Annika !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WizBang
    Wow, I figured someone would guess it.
    OK, she is Meghan Black.
    According to that biography, in order to recognize her, I would need to have seen one of the shows Edgemont or Dead Like Me. Those both sound very vaguely familiar but I have not seen either of them and I don't know anything about them.
    "Signature":
    C# Corner Editor

I would play with her if I could but I personally don't care to play any games about her.
    This is the best one liner ever!

By the way, is this argument still going on? I even forgot who I had voted for..

Page 82 of 87 FirstFirst ... 327279808182838485 ... LastLast