CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Running release mode.

I' am currently working on a c++ project at school and wanted to show my brother the basic program I have built so far since I'm writing it for him. However, though it is fully functional when I run the .exe at school, it is not the case at home.

The first time I opened it it gave me an error "Missing mfc71.dll", I d/led the file and than it gave me the error "Missing msvcr71.dll". I d/led it also.

Now when I open the .exe file it gives me no errors but doesn't seem to do anything at all!

Does anyone know what might cause this? How I may solve it?

Re: Running release mode.

Change your project settings to be "Use MFC in a Static Library".

I'm guessing I have to do that when I build it in release mode?
    Is there anything I can do right now to show my brother the application quickly?
    Without having to go back to school....

not a clue anybody?

Install the same environment on which you created that application in the pc in which you are trying to run the application . Else try to get the missing dll from any other pc and copy it to your working pc C:\winnt\system32 folder in win2000 , c:\windows\system in win89.

i dont think there is any other go.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinod S
    Install the same environment on which you created that application in the pc in which you are trying to run the application . Else try to get the missing dll from any other pc and copy it to your working pc C:\winnt\system32 folder in win2000 , c:\windows\system in win89.

i dont think there is any other go.
    I suggest him just put such kind of dlls into the same folder as the .exe file. I really dont want windows gets too big though it will always be automatically..