CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ejaz is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Re: What happen to them, where are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Tacker
    I think with time... people move ahead... leaving programming as their main source of income... some nerds like me stick to programming even if they are gone into management ... but yeh, some do retire from forum... hopefully, I am going to be the next one moving out and time and hobby are two things which are not going side-by-side at the moment...
    I guess thats the way it is, people come...people go. But even if you quit programming, chit chat is always there

Quote Originally Posted by NoHero
    I miss Mathew Joy who has a lot to do ... he got new work etc. etc.
    And I miss gurleygirl and che_rish... Humm, where could they be?!
    I miss gurleygirl too. I wonder what happened to her vacation? She did promise to show us her pics.
    Last edited by Andreas Masur; June 27th, 2005 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Inappropriate wording...
    A few friendly reminders:
    * Use Code Tags when posting code.
    * Rate good replies/post by clicking "Rate this Post" and leaving a positive feedback.
    * Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler. -- Albert Einstein

Xeon is offline Want me to ban you?! Power Poster

Smile Re: What happen to them, where are they?

From Ejaz:
    TheCPUWizard
    Please do not use this name without the (tm) at the back. According to him, The CPU Wizard is a registered trademark(his own) and has some kinda computing history to it. Like some kinda business. I'm serious on this, though.

VGirish
    Gave up programming years back and got into a business dealing with handphone ringtones.

mwilliamson
    Currently in the UK Royal SandHurst Academy with Prince Harry. I think he received his officer rank 2 weeks ago. Told me to go to the UK and drink beer with chicks. However, I was decent enough(my rank is a Lance Coporal) to tell him that as an officer, he should set a good example for all his soldiers. Abstinence from sex, beer, wine, mead, ale, rum and such. No alchohol and no clubbing etc.

[bluesource
    Currently involved in the Fantastic 4's press forum. He's the lead designer for the Human Torch in the Fantastic 4 movie. Originally, BlueSource wanted to change the Human Torch's flames to blue, but the director scolded him.

Krishnaa
    In India with tigers. He told me he blinded some tigers a while back with his bare fists.

galathaea
    M-I-A? He's a plant lover, though.

vicodin451
    bytz
    rxbagain
    The Three Noobs! I never heard of them.

Sonu Kapoor
    After starting the "Where are we from?" thread, he packed his bags to journey the world as a warrior programmer. He has visited almost every country that we are from.

Sam Hobbs
    I think he's currently involved with a web hosting business now; that's what he told me 2 years back.

Anyway, nice to meet you again, Cilu and guys!
    And Che_Rish? Who is this noob? And Gurley_Girl? Holiday photos?
    I need to have a good talk with these 2 punies. Has anyone orientated them on the DOs and DON'Ts of CodeGuru? Like who's the boss here, who they should watch out for and how not to post etc.?

And Simon.....he never joined the Dark Side. He gave up all his Universe-Dominating plans after Saddam was captured last year. The only guy left is SolarFlare. Bah!

Good day, folks.
    Xeon.
    "Hell is calling for you!" - Rufus, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

"I'm getting tired of you devils.....finishing strike......Final Blast!" - Arngrim, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

I'm Alive, My friends!!!!
    I'm Aliveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

They disconnected me from the internet at job, but sometimes i still post messages here and there with my own pc!!!

++++++++[>++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<++[>-----<-]>.<+++[>++++<-]>++.<+++[>----<-]>-.----.
    God does not play dice with the universe.(A.Einstein)

Hah, Xeon was back for short chat. I've noticed that the "Ancient Lord of Code Guru" was changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    After starting the "Where are we from?" thread, he packed his bags to journey the world as a warrior programmer. He has visited almost every country that we are from.
    Well, I bet he didn't visit Otheria yet. As a proud otherian I I wish to invite him to see the beauties of our country. Otheria is a great country.
    Last edited by cilu; June 27th, 2005 at 01:22 PM.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

From Cilu "Dark Vedath" Otheria:
    Well, I bet he didn't visit Otheria yet. As a proud otherian I I wish to invite him to see the beauties of our country. Otheria is a great country.
    But where is Otheria? Is it in Belarus? Finland? France? Belgium? Denmark? Antarctica? Sweden? Spain? Wales? England? Czechoslovakia? Italy? New York? One of the 25 members of the EU?

Also, how do you pronouce it? Like "Other" plus a "ria" at the end?
    Or is it "O" plus "tee" plus "ria"?

See you, Cilu.
    Xeon.

"I'm getting tired of you devils.....finishing strike......Final Blast!" - Arngrim, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

Xeon, Otheria is a big country. Its name is spelled differently, according to the language spoken locally, because there are many languages spoken in Otheria. The country lies over 5 continents and some oceans too. And it is formed by all the countries that do not appear in the first version of "Where are we from" poll, and which were grouped by Sonu in Other. And so Otheria was borned. According to this poll I am an otherian.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

From Cilu:
    Xeon, Otheria is a big country. Its name is spelled differently, according to the language spoken locally, because there are many languages spoken in Otheria. The country lies over 5 continents and some oceans too. And it is formed by all the countries that do not appear in the first version of "Where are we from" poll, and which were grouped by Sonu in Other. And so Otheria was borned. According to this poll I am an otherian.
    Oh I see now. I've been.......TRICKED AND NOOBED by a noob! But wait....even you've 4000++ posts! Oh my!
    But then, even if you lump all the countries un-mentioned in the "Where are you from" poll into Otheria, it's still gonna be smaller than the major countries listed. Think India, China, Russia and the US. >:->

Good day,
    Xeon.

Quote Originally Posted by che_rish
    I miss gurleygirl too. I wonder what happened to her vacation? She did promise to show us her pics.
    Ahhh... che_rish is back ... But where is my sweetie? Still waiting for the vacation pictures
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

I am here!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeon
    Oh I see now. I've been.......TRICKED AND NOOBED by a noob! But wait....even you've 4000++ posts! Oh my!
    I felt that you didn't catch it... thus contradicting your signature...

But then, even if you lump all the countries un-mentioned in the "Where are you from" poll into Otheria, it's still gonna be smaller than the major countries listed. Think India, China, Russia and the US.
    I said "a big country", not the "biggest country". Pay more attention, don't be hasty.

PS:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cilu
    narsissims is the path to the dark side... narsissims leads to too much self confidence, self confidence leads to proud, proud leads the fall...
    Last edited by cilu; June 28th, 2005 at 09:19 AM.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

From Cilu "Anakin" Vader:
    I felt that you didn't catch it... thus contradicting your signature...
    Actually, that signature is not to be proud or anything. It's for the sake of coolness, if you know what I mean. Very nice and cool to say out.

narsissims is the path to the dark side... narsissims leads to too much self confidence, self confidence leads to proud, proud leads the fall...
    Very nice.
    My stand is : a guy can be a serial killer, a rapist, a robber, a bomber, a thief or any kind of criminal. However, he MUST never be a wimp. That's the worst occupation of all.

Good day, Cilu!
    Xeon.

Quote Originally Posted by che_rish
    Yes where is she??!... I wanna see that pictures
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

From NoHero:
    Yes where is she??!... I wanna see that pictures
    I think Gabriel censored/deleted the pics away cos' there are not suitable for kids under 18. As Brad has said, there are some young members here who're under 18 and the material is inappropriate for the target audience.
    Besides, this is a strictly chit-chat forum.

I'm glad the moderators are doing their job, or else CodeGuru would be swarmed with all kinda guys-in-heat.

Nice day,
    Xeon.

Who ever gave you the impression that it will be "inappropriate" pictures?
    You're the only one who thought of that, i think.
    A few friendly reminders:
    * Use Code Tags when posting code.
    * Rate good replies/post by clicking "Rate this Post" and leaving a positive feedback.
    * Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler. -- Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast