CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Need C++ coders for an interesting game

Hi everyone, my name is Matt. I'm a C++ coder myself and last night I had a great idea for a game. I want to make it opensource and with the idea I have I think the best approach would be to assemble a crack team of other C++ coders to help with the project. The basic idea for the game is that it's a 2d multiplayer online rpg. It's like dopewars if you've ever played that, except that there is much more to this game. In this game there would be npcs consisting of cops, under cover cops, whores, arms buys and suppliers, drug suppliers, junkies, loan sharks, and normal poor ghetto folk. The idea of the game is that a player registers with the server, connects, and begins walking around the city. The three basic things that you could do is, get yourself some whores and start pimping them out, buy some arms and sell em, or buy some drugs and sell them. You would be able to fight the cops and there would be a faction points type of system with differnt "gangs" in the city. I figure that after players hit caps of #of whores, # of drug deals, # of arms deal their char could level up. If this sounds like an interesting game to you let me know. I think it would be a blast to code and even more fun to play. Here is the general team I need.

Network programers
    Opengl 2d coders
    Decent C++ coders who understand at least polymorphism and oop techniques along with data structures.

e-mail : kaamoss@gmail.com
    icq # 227-645-886
    aim: Kaamoss

Re: Need C++ coders for an interesting game

I'm not sure this would seem like a game to me, as this is what I do on a daily basis. Pimping whores, buying crack, fighting cops...

I need a game where you log in to a server, then move your character to the couch and have it watch TV all night. Have it sit there while its wife yells and screams and spends his money. To break the monotony, maybe the character would have to scavenge the back yard to pick up doggy poop every few hours. Now THAT would be a game!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaamoss
    (...) and last night I had a great idea for a game (...)
    Ya know what? Drugs are baaaaad
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

Unhappy Re: Need C++ coders for an interesting game

Wad up wid you boi ? You been pimpin em hoes again ?

No seriously, Macromedia Flash is the thing for this kind of game. Trust me. I code both C++ is overkill for such graphically and resource non-demanding thing.

I will not join though...Dont like doing games like that

Am I in some kind of nightmare or are you really that conservative? "Drugs are Bad"? It's a game, ment for pure entertainment value not to instill mine or anyone's values on society. Anyways this is practically what grandtheft auto is with out driving. If no one wants to help that's fine.