MFC FAQ sections
- File System
- Edit Control
- ListView Control
- ListBox Control
- Tree Control
- Date and Time
- How to prevent a resizable window to be smaller than...?
- How do I create full screen applications?
- How to change the font of a control?
- What is the difference between 'BOOL' and 'bool'?
- How to change frame and caption window styles at run-time?
- How to make a simple text editor?
- How to make a simple Web Browser?
- How to process command line arguments in a MFC application?
- How to obtain a pointer to various objects?
- How to modify the default 'Open' dialog?
- How to get the active document anywhere in my application?
- How to show modeless dialogs behind the main window?
- How to hide/show/maximize/minimize a dialog?
- How to add a minimize/maximize button into your dialog?
- How to enable/disable the 'Close' button of your dialog at run-time?
- How to set/get the values of various controls?
- How to start your dialog application in hidden mode?
- How to set the dialog window always on top?
- How to create a non-rectangular dialog box?
- How to drag a dialog by grabbing any point?
- How to disable/change the behaviour of the <...> key in a dialog?
- How to enhance a dialog-based application with Menu, Toolbar...?
- How can I limit my application to one instance?
- How to get the application name?
- How to set the current working directory?
- How to get the current working directory?
- How to get the application directory?
- How to retrieve the version information of my application?
- How to get the system directory?
- How to get the windows directory?
- How to show a message box in ExitInstance of a dialog-based application?
- Where can I find references on Multithreading?
- How to create a worker thread?
- How to end a thread?
- How to use member functions as thread functions?
- How to access UI elements from a thread in MFC?
- How to detect memory leaks in MFC?
- How to manage memory leaks?
- How to use 'ASSERT' and deal with assertion failures?
- How can I access the registry?
- How can I read data from the registry?
- How can I write data to the registry?
- How to store the application settings in registry?
- How to pass CString to Windows API functions?
- How to use 'CString' in non-MFC applications?
- How to assign or compare strings?
- What is the difference between 'CString' and 'std::string'?
- How to get the hexadecimal representation of a ... into a 'CString'?
- How to convert between a 'CString' and a 'BSTR'?
- How to convert between 'CString' and 'std::string'?
- How to convert a 'char*' to 'CString'?
- How to convert a 'CString' to a 'char*'?
- How to convert a numeric type to a string?
- How to convert a string into a numeric type?
- What are the rules for BSTR allocation and deallocation?
- How to append text to an edit control?
- How to know when text is pasted from clipboard to 'CEdit' control?
- How to replace a line in a multi-line edit control?
- How do I introduce insert/overwrite mode to 'CEdit' derived edit control?
- How to select a full row in a list control?
- How to add a subitem in a list control?
- How to change the colors in a list control?
- How to get selected items in a list control?
- How to use a context menu in a list control?
- How to correctly delete items from a CListCtrl?
- How CListCtrl notifies "checkbox status changed"?
- How to disable an item?
- How to detect which part of an item the user clicked on?
- How to add icons to a tree control?
- How to add checkboxes to a tree control?
- How to expand/collapse a branch?
- How to use 'SetItemData()' and 'GetItemData()'?
Date and Time