Windows SDK FAQ sections
- Window Types
- Memory Management
- File System
- User interface
- Edit Control
- How to Get Hard Disk Serial Number?
- How to get the processor frequency?
- How to correctly use GetLastError?
- How to get the reason for a failure of a SDK function?
- What is the difference between 'BOOL' and 'bool'?
- How to register Windows Common Controls in a Win32 application?
- Which Windows API functions are faster, ANSI or UNICODE?
- What is a child window?
- What is a top-level window?
- What is an owned window?
- Which are the differences between child and owned windows?
- What is an overlapped window?
- What is a pop-up window?
- How to get the application name?
- How to set the current working directory?
- How to get the current working directory?
- How to get the application directory?
- How to retrieve the version information of my application?
- How to get the system directory?
- How to get the windows directory?
- How to check for the existance of a directory/file?
- How to count files within a directory and subdirectories?
- How to search for files in a directory and subdirectories?
- How to delete a directory and subdirectories?
- How to get information about a partition?
- How to get the available logical partitions on my PC?
- How can I check the free space on a partition?
- How to open a folder?
- How to monitor a folder?
- How to delete, copy, or move a folder with all its contents?
- How to enumerate processes?
- How can I start a process?
- How can I kill a process?
- How can I wait until a process ends?
- Where can I find references on Multithreading?
- How to create a worker thread?
- How to end a thread?
- How to use member functions as thread functions?
- How to check if a thread is still active?
- How can I access the registry?
- How can I read data from the registry?
- How can I write data to the registry?
- How to convert between ANSI and UNICODE strings?
- How to use 'CString' in non-MFC applications?
- How to convert between a 'CString' and a 'BSTR'?
- How to convert a numeric type to a string?
- How to convert a string into a numeric type?
- What are the rules for BSTR allocation and deallocation?
- How can I emulate keyboard events in an application?
- How can I emulate mouse events in an application?
- How do I fill rectangles, regions and texts in graded colours?
- How do I choose a font size to exactly fit a string in a given rectangle?
- How do I display text filled and in shape of a region?
- How do I display a bitmap rotated?
- How do I calculate the area of a window exposed?
- How do I drag an image?
- How to capture layered windows?