Visual C++ FAQ sections
- Where can I find Visual C++ code samples?
- Can you help me with my homework assignment?
- What is the difference between 'BOOL' and 'bool'?
- How to show all messages in ClassWizard list?
- How to use different character sets?
- Where can I find the redistributable packages
- How to make an ANSI build for Windows CE target?
- Why Watch window shows 'unused' for a HWND variable?
- How to build a DLL to be used from another programming language?
- How to a DLL and have the exported functions called via 'LoadLibrary()' and 'GetProcAddress()'?
- How to build a resource-only DLL?
- Where can I find examples of socket programs?
- How to get the local hostname?
- How to get the local IP address(es)?
- How to set a socket option?
- Does one call to 'send()' result in one call to 'recv()'?
- When does 'send()' return?
- When does 'recv()' return?
- How do I transfer a structure?
- How do I impose a packet scheme?
- How do I use a timeout for 'connect()'?
- Why does my machine send a 'RST' packet in reply to a 'SYN'/'ACK' package?
- How do I terminate a TCP connection?
- How does a TCP connection close?
- Step by Step Introduction
- Why does program work in debug mode, but fail in release mode?
- How to manage memory leaks?
- How to use 'ASSERT' and deal with assertion failures?
- How do I debug my ActiveX/COM component?
- How to display UNICODE strings in the Watch/QuickWatch window?
- How do I evaluate the time difference between two events?
- How to show Windows API errors in the Watch window?
- What types of strings are there?
- What is the difference between '\n' and '\r\n'?
- How to convert between ANSI and UNICODE strings?
- How to use 'CString' in non-MFC applications?
- How to convert a numeric type to a string?
- How to convert a string into a numeric type?