CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Question How to control the microphone volume using DirectX C++?

Hi everyone,

I am using Visual C++.net to write a program to control the microphone. I do not know which interfaces to use and how to go about doing it.

Can anyone help me by giving me a headstart? Looking forward for your reply. Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Elaine

Re: How to control the microphone volume using DirectX C++?

What do you mean by 'control the microphone'. If you want to record something, in windows API you would use the waveIn... functions.
    Please don't forget to rate users who helped you!

Red face Re: How to control the microphone volume using DirectX C++?

Hi philkr,

What i mean is controlling the volume of the microphone. Can i use DirectX? How do I record the voice from the microphone?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Elaine

To set the playback volume you can use waveOutSetVolume(). Unfortunately there is no waveInSetVolume() function, so in order to set recording volume you will have to use the mixer... API. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en..._functions.asp
    Please don't forget to rate users who helped you!

Quote Originally Posted by philkr
    To set the playback volume you can use waveOutSetVolume(). Unfortunately there is no waveInSetVolume() function, so in order to set recording volume you will have to use the mixer... API. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en..._functions.asp

Thanks for you all. I can set the volume of my microphone , using mixer api.
    But I want to show the volume level of captured audio in slider.As if captured audio is loud this slider will be at high automatically, and if
    captured audio is low this slider will go at low automatically and slider will go up and down according to volume level of capturing audio during speaking in microphone.

Can anybody please tell me which apis I have to use to implement it.I am unable to find it out.

Thank u very much in advance.

How you did that? I am facing the same challange. It is able to change the "Microphone Volume" in Master Volume Control. My Aim is to change it in the Recorder Control

Are you aware that you're in the Managed C++ and C++/CLI forum here? (Aside from the fact that the most recent post in this thread is about 2½ years old and it's the only post of that user.)

I suppose you found this thread using a forum search. I also have seen your Volume Control thread over there in the VC++ forum and it looks like you're at least pretty close there.

If you're still looking for a .NET way of doing that, I might lend a hand, however.
    I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.

This is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.