CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Need Help: scroll bar in HTML Object Element

how can I make the scroll bar in HTML Object Element <OBJECT> not visible ?

when I used object element in html, they always show scroll bar even if it's not needed.

Re: Need Help: scroll bar in HTML Object Element

You can use this method
    //
    <script>
    window.open ('http://www.codeguru.com',null,'height=100,width=400,top=0,left=0,toolbar=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no')
    </script>
    //
    but there is no way to display in parent window,I guess

No, you did not read the question JunZhong ...
    What the original poster is asking is in an <object> tag, why does a scrollbar appear when unnecessary?

Well, you can try adding the CSS to make a scrollbar hidden or show only when necessary:
    Code:
    <object ... style="overflow:auto;">
    Change auto to hidden for a scrollbar to not show at all ...
    *9-11-01* Never Forget; Never Forgive; Never Relent!
    "If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

To Dr. Script I do like you said but it didn't works the scroll bar is still visible.

<OBJECT name="Main_Head" data="Main_Head.html" width="100%" height="100" type="text/html" style="overflow:hidden"></OBJECT>
    Last edited by Jackyquah; August 22nd, 2005 at 01:58 PM.

I'm curious ... what are you using the object for ... from your code, it seems as if there are better options than <object>.

I also guessed that the <object> tag might be restricted to some CSS, so it doesn't surprise me that the code I provided and you are using doesn't work.
    "If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

I am try to script html in stricted mode( no frame, iframe or frameset ).

Is there another way make the scroll bar disappear in object ?

Well, you are using a tag really not for it's purpose ... is there a reason it has to be done.
    Also, no offense, but I'm not a fan of the W3C at all, and there really is no signifigance in meeting the strict standards. I teach most people to reach for the transitional level.

I'd like to see the page online, if it exists, and then I could possibly give alternatives.

no reason. the page isn't going online, I am just study/testing html with strict mode. I am already made the version using frame first, and just try to make it with strict mode.
    but if you want to look at the script and perhaps give some advice
    //--------Script--------
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE>Jacky Home Page</TITLE>
    <LINK rel="stylesheet" href="/stylesheet/defstyle.css" type="text/css">
    </HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <OBJECT name="Main_Head" data="Head.html" width="100%" height="100" type="text/html"><BR>
    <OBJECT name="Main_Table" data="Table.php" width="20%" height="500" type="text/html"></OBJECT>
    <OBJECT name="Main_Content" data="Default_Content.html" width="80%" height="500" type="text/html"></OBJECT><BR>
    <OBJECT name="Main_Foot" data="Foot.html" width="100%" height="80" type="text/html"></OBJECT>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>
    //--------End Script--------

The reason I used frame or object because the table content, head, and foot script is usually same only the content usually change so I don't want to write the same script in everypage.