CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 99 of 157 FirstFirst ... 498996979899100101102109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2342

Re: CG members photo album

Come on guys, we want more pictures of you.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Will post some in a day or two was thinkin about it for quite some time
    - Sreehari
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    " Everybody is sent to Earth on a purpose. I am so Lagging behind that i won't die." – Calvin

Okay, here goes. Some snaps from my last week vacation at Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming. I can say this about the place. It is heaven on earth. I regret coming back from the trip

In order they are:
    • At the lower falls in the grand canyon of Yellowstone.
    • In front of a hotspring near Old Faithful Geyser. This place is full of such fuming, frothing, spewing geysers and hotsprings and those colors you see are due to thermoacidophiles ( microorganisms that thrive in such hot temperatures ) as well as due to other minerals. The hazy look is due to gases ( mainly hydrogen sulphide ) coming out of the geysers.
    • At inspiration point at Grand Teton National Park, south of YellowStone National Park. In the backdrop is Jenny Lake. The lake was named after the wife of an explorer. And no, her name wasn't Jenny The wife was an Indian ( American Indian ) and people couldn't say her name correctly, so they took the easy way out and named her Jenny
    • In front of the Grand Teton mountains. Not to be offensive, but the story goes that these mountains were named so because the early explorers thought they looked like a woman's breasts and hence they used french slang "tetons" for breasts and the name stuck.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Beautiful photo's Kiran!

It looks like you had fun
    Isn't it amazing how beautiful planet earth really is ¿

Nice photographs Kiran... Looks like it was freezing cold in some of those places...

Nice blog, Sid!

Quote Originally Posted by Siddhartha
    To start with, those of you who've spent time in Italy ( ) may find it particularly interesting.

Actually, I am currently spending time in Italy - more specifically, a two-week vacation at my parents-in-law's place in Sicily.
    I was about to post a picture of myself in my usual open-air office under a huge wild cherry tree in the middle of this orange plantation, when my (two-week-old (!)) digicam went into strike. Each time I switch it on, the lens tube briefly extends and then immediately retracts again with a crunching noise - looks like a sand/dust-related issue.

Let's see if I find a solution to this problem...

Quote Originally Posted by guido
    Each time I switch it on, the lens tube briefly extends and then immediately retracts again with a crunching noise - looks like a sand/dust-related issue.
    Or perhaps a bug in the software...

Nice pics Kiran. Everybody is amazed by Yellowstone. Hope that one day I'll be able to visit it too.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I just uploaded on Yahoo! Photos some pictures from my 2 visits to Frankfurt this year. Here is the album: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mbanci...m?.dir=55c5re2
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

Nice pics, cilu One small observation, you tend to like to photograph architectures and structures. Is that true ?
    Quote Originally Posted by cilu
    Hope that one day I'll be able to visit it too.
    You should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddhartha
    Looks like it was freezing cold in some of those places...
    It was, one day it was snowing too. Was kinda cool to see all the bisons and elks covered all over with snow and thoughlessly grazing. And it was a great contrast to see the geysers fuming in the face of the chilling snow
    Quote Originally Posted by HanneSThEGreaT
    It looks like you had fun. Isn't it amazing how beautiful planet earth really is
    Yeah. I did. And yes, the place is amazing. It was a worthwhile getaway from all the hustle-bustle to spend some quiet time in the wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by kiran
    Nice pics, cilu One small observation, you tend to like to photograph architectures and structures. Is that true ?
    Yes, that is true. Especially because I like to visit human establisments rather than just nature.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

Quote Originally Posted by gstercken
    Nice blog, Sid!
    Thanks, Guido!
    ...my (two-week-old (!)) digicam went into strike.
    So, you purchased a new one... Which model did you go for... I was studying digicams not too long back!

Enjoy your vacation in Italy...
    Last edited by Siddhartha; June 1st, 2006 at 05:26 PM.

when my (two-week-old (!)) digicam went into strike.
    Hm.. hopefully you have warranty on that one, right ? Hope to see the pics..

Quote Originally Posted by cilu
    Yes, that is true. Especially because I like to visit human establisments rather than just nature.
    Interesting I guess you are one of the few there

Quote Originally Posted by kiran
    Interesting I guess you are one of the few there
    Yes, I guess so... I'm addicted to technology especially. I cannot live too long without television or computers (though I can live without phones).
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

Here's a photo of me taken last night (approximately 20 hours ago).

It's one of those photos I put in my blog about Saipan.
    Oh yeah, the link: http://aroundsaipan.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by cherish; June 2nd, 2006 at 05:27 AM. Reason: corrected link
    A few friendly reminders:
    * Use Code Tags when posting code.
    * Rate good replies/post by clicking "Rate this Post" and leaving a positive feedback.
    * Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler. -- Albert Einstein

Well, cherish, there are actually 2 photos of you: one with you on the chair, and one with you on the screet, that can be seen on the computer screen. Right?
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

Page 99 of 157 FirstFirst ... 498996979899100101102109149 ... LastLast