CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 110 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1060100107108109110111112113120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2342

Re: CG members photo album

Quote Originally Posted by Siddhartha
    Somebody has replaced his childhood photo for an avataar by a recent one... Very Nice.
    Yeah, that major upgrade (straight from V 30.0 to V 40.0) had been overdue...

Quote Originally Posted by gstercken
    Yeah, that major upgrade (straight from V 30.0 to V 40.0) had been overdue...
    Nice move, that avatar upgrade!
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Nice avatar, Guido. I like it.
    A few friendly reminders:
    * Use Code Tags when posting code.
    * Rate good replies/post by clicking "Rate this Post" and leaving a positive feedback.
    * Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler. -- Albert Einstein

Thank you, Cherish, Marius and Sid...

while reaching Frankfurt (~90 kms?) took me only ~30 minutes
    That's a pretty good average... Take care, though...

Sorry Sid, call me picky, but I felt I just had to enquire about this statement of yours:
    ...screens that bring the action to every person - those that made it to the stadium and to those that didn't.
    What I'm missing here is... How the heck would those screens bring the action to those who made it to the stadium?

That's a pretty good average... Take care, though...
    Thanks Guido, I will.

(Save for f***** Renault drivers inside parking lots... )
    Sorry Sid, call me picky, but I felt I just had to enquire about this statement of yours:What I'm missing here is... How the heck would those screens bring the action to those who made it to the stadium?
    Oh, there were ~40000 people around that screen in and around the river. So, you can imagine people singing together, sighing together, screaming together... It was all there.

The stadium is where the people are!
    Last edited by Siddhartha; June 13th, 2006 at 06:20 AM.

What I'm missing here is... How the heck would those screens bring the action to those who made it to the stadium?
    I was wondering about that too.

// EDIT: Okay.. my post came in late...
    * Rate good replies/post by clicking "Rate this Post" and leaving a positive feedback.
    * Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler. -- Albert Einstein

Ah, I got it now... LOL!

Yes, I meant action reached people - irrespective of where they are - inside the stadium or outside it.

Though, AFAIK, huge screens exist in stadiums too...

(Save for f***** Renault drivers inside parking lots... )
    Yeah, read about that in the HDYF thread... And although you didn't actually mention how you feel, I can imagine, knowing how much you love your car... Pity... I hope it's nothing too dramatic, though.

The stadium is where the people are!
    I really wondered how you would get off that hook - but that's what I call a good catch...

Ah, I got it now... LOL!
    I see someone got confused...

Ah, I got it now... LOL!

Yes, I meant action reached people - irrespective of where they are - inside the stadium or outside it.
    Oh, I see.. That means that your good catch was unintentional... But you know what? That makes it even better...

Yeah, read about that in the HDYF thread... And although you didn't actually mention how you feel, I can imagine, knowing how much you love your car... Pity... I hope it's nothing too dramatic, though.
    I used the smileys to convey my feelings...

However, I think liabilities would have to be paid by the Renault driver / insurer, so no real impact - though, it was just a day or so earlier that I was dreaming of never ever having a scratch on my car. Everytime I feel invincible, something happens to prove the opposite, and deflates my inflatable ego...

However, there is a silver lining to every cloud and as we waited for the police, photos to be taken et al, the Renault driver and I really appreciated each other's cool temperament, discussed our past and present, and finally - she and I became good friends in the meanwhile...

We even filed the damage documents together (Schadensmeldung), and the last thing we talked about was to promise catching up with each other on lunch again...

So much for my disgust for speeding Renault drivers...
    Last edited by Siddhartha; June 13th, 2006 at 06:36 AM.

Oh, I see.. That means that your good catch was unintentional... But you know what? That makes it even better...

That statement was in context of me clarifying on why the screen got action to the people on the riverside (I hadn't realized the mis-construct in my OP).

But, yes - thats a real cool line...

and finally - she and I became good friends in the meanwhile...
    "She"?... Ok, I see...

// But that's an advantage of the English language: The word "driver" doesn't give it away... In German, you would have had to say "Fahrer" (driver) of "Fahrerin" (driveress?) in the first place... Leaving much less room for suspense...

The last thing we talked about was to promise catching up with each other on lunch again...
    Keep us posted...

Quote Originally Posted by guido
    // But that's an advantage of the English language: The word "driver" doesn't give it away... In German, you would have had to say "Fahrer" (driver) of "Fahrerin" (driveress?) in the first place... Leaving much less room for suspense...
    It's the same in Romanian (and I think in all latin-based languages). That's why I like English: you don't have different words according to the gender.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Hello
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 110 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1060100107108109110111112113120 ... LastLast