CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 69 of 157 FirstFirst ... 19596667686970717279119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2342

Re: CG members photo album

The stade français is the name of a Parisian team (yes, it's a weird name), so I suppose you meant the stade de France, which is a stadium (located in ... France).

The Scots played very well, and they might win against England.

And, don't forget to tell us what's that isolated house in the background, probably built between 1850 and 1950.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham
    While there, we found our spiritual home: some of you may recognise it...
    Well, it's definitely not the place where James Joyce was born, nor is it Bono's home... Any other Irish celebrity who's house we should be aware of?

George Boole?
    Wakeup in the morning and kick the day in the teeth!! Or something like that.

"i don't want to write leak free code or most efficient code, like others traditional (so called expert) coders do."

Quote Originally Posted by graham
    BTW: has anyone recognised the house in the background?
    Quote Originally Posted by guido
    Any other Irish celebrity who's house we should be aware of?
    George Barnard Shaw's birth house?
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Here's a hint. It probably won't mean much to most of you, but those who've seen the show will understand the bit about it being our "spiritual home".

Apparently, there's an American version in the pipeline.
    Correct is better than fast. Simple is better than complex. Clear is better than cute. Safe is better than insecure.
    --
    Sutter and Alexandrescu, C++ Coding Standards

Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.

--
    Harold Abelson and Gerald Jay Sussman

The cheapest, fastest and most reliable components of a computer system are those that aren't there.
    -- Gordon Bell

Quote Originally Posted by olivthill
    The stade français is the name of a Parisian team (yes, it's a weird name), so I suppose you meant the stade de France, which is a stadium (located in ... France).
    You're right, of course. In my defense, it's a common British habit to refer to a stadium by the name of the team that plays there. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it...
    Correct is better than fast. Simple is better than complex. Clear is better than cute. Safe is better than insecure.
    --

Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.

--

The cheapest, fastest and most reliable components of a computer system are those that aren't there.
    -- Gordon Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Graham
    Here's a hint. It probably won't mean much to most of you, but those who've seen the show will understand the bit about it being our "spiritual home".

Apparently, there's an American version in the pipeline.
    Let me guess:
    Father Ted's premise - three priests living and working together on a bleak Irish isle - seemed to suggest similar fare, but nothing could have been further from the truth.
    The house where the sitcome action takes place? If not, I give up.
    Last edited by cilu; February 11th, 2006 at 12:54 PM.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

This looks like it's going to be a tough day for the Irish. 19 - 0

I had the luck of being in Tolouse a couple of years ago when some rugby veteran World tournament was going on.

Although I was not able to go at the stadium, the schedulle did not allowed it, the atmosphere in the city was brilliant. Especially during the night arround the pubs. Those guys really love to sing and drink and sing some more. Or viceeversa.

EDIT: 43 - 31 This is geting all better but this is one weird match.
    Last edited by PadexArt; February 11th, 2006 at 09:58 AM.
    Har Har

cilu: yep - it's the house that was used to film the Father Ted programs. If you ever get the chance to see Father Ted, do so: probably not to everyone's taste, but (IMO) very funny.
    --

--

-- Gordon Bell

Quote Originally Posted by PadexArt
    I had the luck of being in Tolouse a couple of years ago when some rugby veteran World tournament was going on.

Although I was not able to go at the stadium, the schedulle did not allowed it, the atmosphere in the city was brilliant. Especially during the night arround the pubs. Those guys really love to sing and drink and sing some more. Or viceeversa.
    Last year, I travelled over for the Agen-Sale game. Toulouse were playing Llanelli on the Friday night so, since a lot of us were flying in to Toulouse, we all went along to Stade Ernest Wallon. What an atmosphere! I have never been amongst such noise - the drummers, the cheering, the chanting: it was incredible. And, amongst all that, a bunch of a couple of dozen mad English people chanting "Sale, Sale", much to the amusement of the locals (given that "sale" means "dirty" in French).
    --

--

-- Gordon Bell

PS: another place for tremendous, passionate atmosphere is Thomond Park in Limerick.
    --

--

-- Gordon Bell

So Italy - England ended 16 - 31. I would have expected a more clear victory for England after the display in the first match, especially against Italy.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

Italy are progressing well under Berbizier - he seems to be doing something right.
    --

--

-- Gordon Bell

France could have won by a huge margin today but even so I am not yet convinced it would have been all true. The Irish just made too manny mistakes.
    Har Har

recently found a digital camera
    my photo.yesterday
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 69 of 157 FirstFirst ... 19596667686970717279119 ... LastLast