CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 18 of 157 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920212868118 ... LastLast

Re: CG members photo album

so now I get the senior menu at lower prices...
    What does that mean?
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Here in the US most business offer a Senior Menu or pricing, with mostly the same items on the main menu but at a discounted price, usually 10-20% off the normal pricing as they know most seniors are on a fixed income.
    Jim
    ATP BE400 CE500 (C550B-SPW) CE560XL MU300 CFI CFII

"The speed of non working code is irrelevant"... Of course that is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."...Calvin Coolidge 30th President of the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanaj
    But that brings up another question..."Can non-working code even crash?"
    Thats a question of the definition of 'not working' maybe an exception error in the first line just after main()

Jonny
    Jonny Poet

To be Alive is depending on the willingsness to help others and also to permit others to help you. So lets be alive. !
    Using Code Tags makes the difference: Code is easier to read, so its easier to help. Do it like this: [CODE] Put Your Code here [/code]
    If anyone felt he has got help, show it in rating the post.
    Also dont forget to set a post which is fully answered to 'resolved'. For more details look to FAQ's about Forum Usage. BTW I'm using Framework 3.5 and you ?
    My latest articles :
    Creating a Dockable Panel-Controlmanager Using C#, Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7

....as they know most seniors are on a fixed income.
    We have this in Austria too. We say: 'you will earn nearly nothing, but this - is fix ! Only that in Austria the pension system starts with 65.
    Jonny
    Jonny Poet

To be Alive is depending on the willingsness to help others and also to permit others to help you. So lets be alive. !
    Using Code Tags makes the difference: Code is easier to read, so its easier to help. Do it like this: [CODE] Put Your Code here [/code]
    Also dont forget to set a post which is fully answered to 'resolved'. For more details look to FAQ's about Forum Usage. BTW I'm using Framework 3.5 and you ?
    My latest articles :
    Creating a Dockable Panel-Controlmanager Using C#, Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7

Like President Bill Clinton said to the Grand Jury...that depends on what your definition of "is" is.

Does non-working mean just that...or does it mean working code that crashes.

There is code that does not crash but is non working, so if it is not working OR crashing..who cares how fast it is.

The moral to the story is:
    Get it working and NOT crashing BEFORE making it as fast as possible.
    Jim

"The speed of non working code is irrelevant"... Of course that is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."...Calvin Coolidge 30th President of the USA.

Like President Bill Clinton said to the Grand Jury...that depends on what your definition of "is" is.

Does non-working mean just that...or does it mean working code that crashes.

There is code that does not crash but is non working, so if it is not working OR crashing..who cares how fast it is.

The moral to the story is:
    Get it working and NOT crashing BEFORE making it as fast as possible.
    Now I have to think about. But to be still a bit philosophic: Could there be any speed without motion.? Could a program then have been built to be speedy, when it isn't working in any way. Maybe only some 1/100 secs, but .. working So I think non working in that case is def 2) working code that crashes.

Per sure I got the moral of that from the first view, but because this is maxime is so funny so it forced me to joke about.

jonny Poet
    Jonny Poet

My latest articles :

Either def you prefer...speed is still not relevant...unless you consider how fast it crashes, but usually speed is noted as a measure of time from a start point to a stop point, not from a start point until it crashes. If that were true then how many auto races would be won by a crash 1mm past the start line.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Ejaz
    Honestly speaking Vinaj, I was expecting you around 25, but you turned out to be twice then me
    I expected much lower, especially when I saw that head-banging avatar!

I'm surprised to see that much of hair after that much of banging ( kidding )

BTW Vinaj must be the senior most member in CG. (in terms of age )
    Even if our suggestions didn't help, please post the answer once you find it. We took the effort to help you, please return it to others.

* While posting code sections please use CODE tags
    * Please check the codeguru FAQ and do a little search to see if your question have been answered before.
    * Like a post, Rate The Post
    * I blog: Network programming, Bible

I do all things thru CHRIST who strengthens me

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew Joy
    I expected much lower, especially when I saw that head-banging avatar!

I'm surprised to see that much of hair after that much of banging ( kidding )

BTW Vinaj must be the senior most member in CG. (in terms of age )
    Frustration to the point of head banging is not age related...then again maybe it is...could be a way of shaking out the dust and cobwebs...you all will be there someday.

The trick to the head banging is to use the forehead where there is no hair.

As to being the senior member..when I make a mistake I can blame it on age, senility and Teflon brain, something a little hard for some of you whippersnappers to do... (all in jest)
    Jim

Oh man !! After posting these pictures, when I read posts these days I can see animated characters of the members appearing to be talking those words And quite often, I think I have been seeing wrong faces for associated with members.. Still having difficulty maintaining the mapping

Yes we ARE a scarey bunch of geeks aren't we ??
    Jim

Frustration to the point of head banging is not age related.
    Maybe not...but banging that fast...

The trick to the head banging is to use the forehead where there is no hair.
    No, but when the head stops that abruptly(on the desk), inertia forces the hair to fly off.

Anyway your is a kool pic...
    Last edited by Mathew Joy; September 9th, 2005 at 01:20 AM.
    Even if our suggestions didn't help, please post the answer once you find it. We took the effort to help you, please return it to others.

* While posting code sections please use CODE tags
    * Please check the codeguru FAQ and do a little search to see if your question have been answered before.
    * Like a post, Rate The Post
    * I blog: Network programming, Bible

I do all things thru CHRIST who strengthens me

Can't remember where I found it..but I did notice a while back someone else on CG got it and changed the colors...but I did change the speed of the head banging as it was slower before and didn't seem to make any sense going that slow.
    Jim

Can't remember where I found it..but I did notice a while back someone else on CG got it and changed the colors...but I did change the speed of the head banging as it was slower before and didn't seem to make any sense going that slow.
    I think changing the speed of the head banging was a good move on your part.

// Coincidentally, the head-banging is in sync w/ the beat of the music I'm listening to right now.
    Last edited by che_rish; September 9th, 2005 at 01:30 AM.
    A few friendly reminders:
    * Use Code Tags when posting code.
    * Rate good replies/post by clicking "Rate this Post" and leaving a positive feedback.
    * Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler. -- Albert Einstein

Summer Time Photo
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Vanaj; September 9th, 2005 at 01:47 AM.
    Jim

Page 18 of 157 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920212868118 ... LastLast