CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 100 of 157 FirstFirst ... 5090979899100101102103110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2342

Re: CG members photo album

Quote Originally Posted by cilu
    Well, cherish, there are actually 2 photos of you: one with you on the chair, and one with you on the screet, that can be seen on the computer screen. Right?
    Actually.. no. That's a photo of my cousin, Aiza. If you look at the blog, you'll see.
    A few friendly reminders:
    * Use Code Tags when posting code.
    * Rate good replies/post by clicking "Rate this Post" and leaving a positive feedback.
    * Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler. -- Albert Einstein

Nice pics cherish
    - Sreehari
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    " Everybody is sent to Earth on a purpose. I am so Lagging behind that i won't die." – Calvin

Thanks, sreehari...

EDIT:
    I'm so scatter-brained today, that I forgot to say...

Nice photos, cilu and kirants!

@Guido: I'm curious to see your open air office under a cherry tree. But even if you're not able to get a photo of it, I wish you a great vacation.
    Last edited by cherish; June 2nd, 2006 at 06:39 AM.
    * Rate good replies/post by clicking "Rate this Post" and leaving a positive feedback.
    * Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler. -- Albert Einstein

Nice photo cherish
    Marc Gregoire - NuonSoft (http://www.nuonsoft.com)
    My Blog
    Wallpaper Cycler 3.5.0.97

Author of Professional C++, 4th Edition by Wiley/Wrox (includes C++17 features)
    ISBN: 978-1-119-42130-6
    [ http://www.facebook.com/professionalcpp ]

Thanks Marc. When are we going to see another photo of you?

Anyways, what I find cool is... I'm using the same computer in that photo right now.

Quote Originally Posted by cherish
    Anyways, what I find cool is... I'm using the same computer in that photo right now.
    LOL...

Let me complete what Cherish actually thought...
    Anyways, what I find cool is... I'm using the same computer in that photo right now. In fact, I even look like the girl sitting in front of it.

@Sid: Oh please, spare me.

Actually.. no. That's a photo of my cousin, Aiza. If you look at the blog, you'll see.
    Ah... that happens when you're only few pixels big. I mean not you, the image of your cousin, Aiza.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Quote Originally Posted by kirants
    Hm.. hopefully you have warranty on that one, right ?
    Yes, sure... But that doesn't really help much while I'm here in Sicily and need a working digicam...

Quote Originally Posted by Siddhartha
    So, you purchased a new one... Which model did you go for...
    A Pentax Optio A10... But I can't recommend it at all. Besides the fact that it broke already - it has incredibly long reaction times. Sometimes, more than two seconds (!) elapse between pushing the release button and the picture being taken. The only thing this camera has is an incredibly large (and useless) choice of special program modes for all sorts of situations. Besides "food mode" or "candlelight mode" (which still might make some sense), there's even such a thing as "pet mode" - further subdivided into "cat" / "dog" and "white fur" / "black fur". No kidding... What the manufacturer forgot: Even in "pet" mode, by the time the picture is taken, even the laziest cat will be no longer there...

I was studying digicams not too long back!
    So I should probably have asked you before buying...
    I just decided to simply return the Pentax when I get back home, and buy another digicam here in Sicily in the meantime. So... do you have any recommendation for a decent camera in the 6-8 megapixel range, Sid?

@Guido: I'm curious to see your open air office under a cherry tree. But even if you're not able to get a photo of it, I wish you a great vacation.
    I'll see what I can do. Well, thank you!

It's one of those photos I put in my blog about Saipan.
    Oh yeah, the link: http://aroundsaipan.blogspot.com/
    Wow! Actually, I was about to ask you to add some pictures showing life on the island (not just beaches, cliffs and sunsets ).

// Marius and Sid: Don't worry, I'm looking at your other guys' picture blogs as well, of course... Its just that... at least for me, pictures of Venice or Frankfurt somehow have a hard time competing with those of Saipan.

// I just got a message saying that I used too many pictures / smilies in my post... Is there really such a thing as a maximum smilie/text ratio per post?
    Last edited by gstercken; June 11th, 2006 at 09:28 PM.

I find this -
    Quote Originally Posted by gstercken
    there's even such a thing as "pet mode" - further subdivided into "cat" / "dog" and "white fur" / "black fur".
    ...so funny!

This must be a camera for veterinerians.

No kidding... What the manufacturer forgot: Even in "pet" mode, by the time the picture is taken, even the laziest cat will be no longer there...
    For vets to photograph dead pets...

I read your review to my colleague too, and we are laughing for some time now (BTW, you should add your interresting observations to review community.)

So... do you have any recommendation for a decent camera in the 6-8 megapixel range, Sid?
    Thanks for asking me...

My favorite comprehensive camera review website is:
    I am a dedicated and loyal Canon fan. So, let me analyze some of them. I hope it is not important to go for a 8 MP camera (which IMO is an overkill of a resolution).

If so, in the same price range as the Pentax Optio A10 (which has unimpressive user ratings), you will find the following -
    • Canon A620: 7.1 MP, same price range (slightly cheaper), nice lens, good reviews. Downside: heavier than your pentax (one reason is the better / bigger lens) - but not too heavy either, non Li-ion batteries.
    • Canon Digital IXUS 800 IS: The Canon equivalent of your Pentax i.e. a compact and light camera, 6 MP, Li-Ion batteries, nice ratings. Downside: costlier. There are also other IXUS cameras to choose from.
    If one really needs a camera which allows full manual control over aperture, shutter, and focus, then the Canon S80 (8 MP and all the jada-jada a compact, semi-professional can take) is the choice to make. This camera really kicks a** and is the latest version of the S50 that I own (and am happy with my purchase).

However, for normal photographic situations, S80 is a genuine overkill too.

To compare prices of cameras in Germany, I use -
    ...In fact, I have purchased all my cameras online.
    Last edited by Siddhartha; June 2nd, 2006 at 10:50 AM.

// Marius and Sid: Don't worry, I'm looking at your other guys' picture blogs as well, of course... Its just that... at least for me, pictures of Venice or Frankfurt somehow have a hard time competing with those of Saipan.
    This is very natural - photos of places away from home are always more interesting then those that belong to where one comes from... Why else do you think I started my travelogues with Venice and not with the beautiful places in South India?!

// I just got a message saying that I used too many pictures / smilies in my post... Is there really such a thing as a maximum smilie/text ratio per post?
    Yes, CG has a restriction on smileys...

(Now, I dont need to suggest a down counter for smileys... Do I? )
    Last edited by Siddhartha; June 2nd, 2006 at 11:01 AM.

@Cherish : Good pic, Its so colourful.Enjoyed reading about your blog-Saipan
    Humble yourselves before the Lord and He will lift you up

Alpha Vijayan

Sid,

thanks a lot for your valuable input and the links...

I hope it is not important to go for a 8 MP camera (which IMO is an overkill of a resolution).
    No, anything from 6 to 8 MP will be fine.

One of the most important factors for me, however, is a light and compact camera (I'm sure you remember my previous 2 MP Casio Exilim - I'm looking for something along these lines, but with far better lens).

Another important thing is the memory card type: Practically all other electronic equipment I'm using (PDAs / cell phones / computers / laptops) have at least an SD slot - so I have several SD cards of various capacities in the meantime, and use them interchangeably between devices.

Canon Digital IXUS 800 IS
    Actually, the IXUS had been on my shortlist last time... Not sure what ruled it out. I believed to remember it was the fact that it used an xD card - but looking at the specs now, I see that this isn't true, and I probably confounded it with the Olympus mju 700. (I guess I'm still terrified by the experience with my sister's Olympus - she wanted to pass me the pictures taken on my birthday, but no way: She had left the USB cable at home, and with none of the available electronic equipment was it possible to read her xD card. In the end, she had to burn the pictures to a CD and send them to me via snail mail... )

So, thanks again, Sid. I think I'll now pay a quick visit to the new shopping mall they recently opened a few miles from here...

Guido

Page 100 of 157 FirstFirst ... 5090979899100101102103110150 ... LastLast