CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 103 of 157 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104105106113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2342

Re: CG members photo album

nice one Ajay

Quote Originally Posted by ovidiucucu
    Like Raj Kapoor who delighted me when I was a child. Although the mustache is missing...
    - Sreehari
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    " Everybody is sent to Earth on a purpose. I am so Lagging behind that i won't die." – Calvin

Wow !! Ajay Vijay. Those are cool. Were those taken by a pro ?

Cool pictures Ajay Vijay

Hey. Thanks all of your for the Kool extols - I was not expecting that much.

Well, yes, they were taken by Pro who 'clicks' Bollywood and TV stars!
    My latest article: Explicating the new C++ standard (C++0x)

Do rate the posts you find useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay Vijay
    Hey. Thanks all of your for the Kool extols - I was not expecting that much.

Well, that makes sense.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddhartha
    I just found that IS stands for Image Stabilization, and it is using a gyroscope. That was a cool analogy.
    Are you sure the camera is actually using a gyroscope for image stabilization? That would mean some sort of fast spinning moving part inside - which would be somewhat battery consuming, and also probably be heard / felt when the camera is on (but none of them is the case).

Is customer service in Italy poorer than that in Germany?
    You think that's possible? // Just kidding.
    No, generally speaking, customer service is very good here. When you go to a small / mid-size store run by the owner, it will be perfect.
    However, the story gets different with these globalized all-the-same megastores: I sometimes have the impression that they make up some standard calculation for the number of sales employees they need (based on store surface / expected number of customers etc.). Then they take that number and divide it by three to obtain the number of salespeople they actually employ. No wonder these guys are overstrained and stressed. In addition, a prerequisite for these jobs seems to be "no previous experience in sales required, and no interest in the products you sell..."

Actually, I counted this as a plus.

Reason: One doesn't need the camera to charge the batteries . So, people can continue using the camera (with a spare battery), while the other one is being charged.
    Well... But it also means that without a spare battery, you can't use the camera while it is being charged. It also means that you need to continously open and close the battery lid to swap batteries (since there's no way to charge the battery while it is in the camera). However, as said above, this limitation is not really important: Everything else is fine with this camera.

Nice pictures, Ajay...

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay Vijay
    Just wondering: Are software developers / CodeGuru members that popular at Bombay / Mumbai?

Quote Originally Posted by cherish
    @Guido: I'm curious to see your open air office under a cherry tree.
    Actually, this is a very huge wild cherry tree next to the house in the middle of this orange plantation in Sicily, at the place of my parents-in-law near Mount Etna. The tree is more than 10 meters in diameter, with the outer branches almost touching the ground. It is generally used for many things, like parking cars under it , or hosting a long table which easily seats 12-16 persons during prolonged meals.
    Each time we spend a vacation here (almost once every year during the last 15 years), I swap my usual home office with this shady open-air office.
    A few years ago, I electrified the place, installing a power supply line with multiple sockets under my favorite tree. (Still missing: DSL internet access, so I have to use the cell phone network with GPRS).

So...,

"Here is geeky me taken today at the office during my lunch break."
    Attached Images Attached Images  

// OK, here comes a less geeky version...

@Ajay: Nice photos. I wonder, is there any special occasion behind your very nice photos?

@sreehari: Nice photos too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Vijayan
    @Cherish : Good pic, Its so colourful.Enjoyed reading about your blog-Saipan
    Quote Originally Posted by kirants
    Nice pics, cherish and a nice blog too.
    Thanks Kiran, Alpha. And thanks for leaving a comment in my Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by gstercken
    Wow! Actually, I was about to ask you to add some pictures showing life on the island (not just beaches, cliffs and sunsets ).
    I'll admit that I'm partial to sceneries. Probably one factor is, having been living (and growing up) in a city with millions of people... photographing a place with little (or no) people in it is a refreshing change for me.

Your account of buying the camera you wanted was really fun to read (as always). And wow, you really did pull the anti-theft cable! I have thought of doing such things in the past... :evilgrin: but never did. <Looks at Guido with added respect>
    Last edited by cherish; June 5th, 2006 at 11:13 PM.
    A few friendly reminders:
    * Use Code Tags when posting code.
    * Rate good replies/post by clicking "Rate this Post" and leaving a positive feedback.
    * Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler. -- Albert Einstein

Actually, this is a very huge wild cherry tree next to the house in the middle of this orange plantation in Sicily, at the place of my parents-in-law near Mount Etna. The tree is more than 10 meters in diameter, with the outer branches almost touching the ground. It is generally used for many things, like parking cars under it , or hosting a long table which easily seats 12-16 persons during prolonged meals.
    Each time we spend a vacation here (almost once every year during the last 15 years), I swap my usual home office with this shady open-air office.
    A few years ago, I electrified the place, installing a power supply line with multiple sockets under my favorite tree. (Still missing: DSL internet access, so I have to use the cell phone network with GPRS).
    Nice photos, Guido. We finally see your outdoor office under a wild cherry tree. And wow... Mount Etna?
    Btw, who took the photos?

"Here is geeky me taken today at the office during my lunch break."
    Should I charge you royalty for using my line?
    Last edited by cherish; June 4th, 2006 at 11:19 PM.
    A few friendly reminders:
    * Use Code Tags when posting code.
    * Rate good replies/post by clicking "Rate this Post" and leaving a positive feedback.
    * Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler. -- Albert Einstein

And wow... Mount Etna?
    Even at the risk of violating the AUP of this thread (sorry, Marius), here's a picture of Europe's most active volcano (without any CG member in it), as seen from my place under the tree:

// I could post hundreds of pictures of Mount Etna, actually: Every time you look at it, it looks completely different, depending on weather, time of day and other factors (like wearing sunglasses or not )...
    Last edited by gstercken; June 5th, 2006 at 09:03 AM.

Btw, who took the photos?
    While this question might seem pretty simple, the answer is actually more complicated... So, only on specific request...

Should I charge you royalty for using my line?
    Well, I hope we manage to settle on this out of court... But then: Note the quotation marks, which are there to serve a very subtle purpose: I didn't actually use your line - I just quoted it...

Verry nice office gstercken and nice pictures to ...
    Please use code tags [code] [/code]

We would change the world, but God won't give us the sourcecode..
    Undocumented futures are fun and useful....
    ___
    ______
    Gili

Yes, nice photos Guido - envy your office.

In the first one above with you wearing that hat - you look quite like a Cricket Umpire ( ) taking a relaxing break...

Page 103 of 157 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104105106113153 ... LastLast