CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 141 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4191131138139140141142143144151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2342

Re: CG members photo album

Well, I didn't specifically tested parallel parking, but did a test drive with the latest S40 and for normal driving it was perfect. I guess I'll see how it goes for parking

About germany, when I'm driving from croatia to belgium it's around 1500 km. I start in the morning and I go straight to belgium in 1 day I don't know where Heidelberg is though. I'm basically passing Passau, Regensburg, Nürnberg and Frankfürt am Main IIRC.
    Marc Gregoire - NuonSoft (http://www.nuonsoft.com)
    My Blog
    Wallpaper Cycler 3.5.0.97

Author of Professional C++, 4th Edition by Wiley/Wrox (includes C++17 features)
    ISBN: 978-1-119-42130-6
    [ http://www.facebook.com/professionalcpp ]

Frankfurt and Nürnberg -- did you say that?

So, I think you can be awarded capital punishment in passing right through my territories without informing me - for violating my airspace errm territorial-space essentially (depends on your speed).

Anyways, Frankfurt is 100 kms away and about 45 minutes of driving for me, and Nürnberg is 220 kms away and about 90 minutes of driving in good weather and traffic. So, we could meet up in any of these places.

I am driving through Nürnberg to Munich tomorrow and returning via Nürnberg on Saturday. We could meet if you are en-route.

See? Stuff can work.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc G
    Well, I didn't specifically tested parallel parking, but did a test drive with the latest S40 and for normal driving it was perfect.
    Please don't underestimate the value of turning radius... Turning and parking aren't really any less normal than driving itself. At the time I tested the car, I felt that for the price it actually punished the driver in turning and parking - cars that were a lot cheaper did it a lot better.

But, Volvo keeps improving and I could have had a beta-version...

So, I wish you luck on that count.

I'll let you know once I have the car ... and when I don't forget it
    Marc Gregoire - NuonSoft (http://www.nuonsoft.com)
    My Blog
    Wallpaper Cycler 3.5.0.97

Author of Professional C++, 4th Edition by Wiley/Wrox (includes C++17 features)
    ISBN: 978-1-119-42130-6
    [ http://www.facebook.com/professionalcpp ]

It finally happened....
    TheCPUWizard is a registered trademark, all rights reserved. (If this post was helpful, please RATE it!)
    2008, 2009,2010
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is.

* Join the fight, refuse to respond to posts that contain code outside of [code] ... [/code] tags. See here for instructions
    * How NOT to post a question here
    * Of course you read this carefully before you posted
    * Need homework help? Read this first

David's back!
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.

Only partially. My current client, and some new corporate expansion plans have me quite swamped. But I do miss all of the folks here at CG.
    TheCPUWizard is a registered trademark, all rights reserved. (If this post was helpful, please RATE it!)
    2008, 2009,2010
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is.

* Join the fight, refuse to respond to posts that contain code outside of [code] ... [/code] tags. See here for instructions

Quote Originally Posted by TheCPUWizard
    Only partially. My current client, and some new corporate expansion plans have me quite swamped. But I do miss all of the folks here at CG.
    I see you have your prorfile image put up as well why not post some of your snaps? You are Marc G II...

Welcome back David! And nice avatar!

The last time I drove one (that was a S40, IIRC) I liked a lot of the car save for the turning radius... It was huge (2m more than the competition) and parallel parking was a nightmare. If you haven't already -- you should really review this detail too - hopefully, they have improved on it.
    I still remeber the time when I drove my "BMW SillyBilly Mark III" down the motorway That's until I crashed into the SUV at 450MPH a second I still think it was his fault although I was speeding.

until I crashed into the SUV at 450MPH a second
    I'd pay to see the pictures of that wreck!
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Quote Originally Posted by .pcbrainbuster
    I still remeber the time when I drove my "BMW SillyBilly Mark III" down the motorway That's until I crashed into the SUV at 450MPH a second I still think it was his fault although I was speeding.
    MPH Per second is an acceleration, not a velocity. In fact that would be about 20.625 G..... SPLAT!
    2008, 2009,2010

Yup it was painfull, but lucky or you guys I'm a super hero! They call me Hydra. When I even try to activate my powers it requires the area of a whole planet x 10 to blow up. I also have time powers and am willing to help you Humans a little -

- Time is something imaginary made by Humans when in real fact there is a special force at work
    - When you 'time' travel you actually rip the fabric of space and time(a black hole is a rip, white holes do exist but not for the reason Humans think, its because it is the reverse of a black hole; it creates new matter and gives it out while a black hole simply turns something into nothing just how the universe started(a black hole not a big bang)), imagine you have a map and your driving to the other side of the universe, this could to take 3.5 billion billion years but if you fold the map there is a less surface area to go over. This is what 'time' travel is.

Quote Originally Posted by .pcbrainbuster
    Yup it was painfull, but lucky or you guys I'm a super hero! They call me Hydra. When I even try to activate my powers it requires the area of a whole planet x 10 to blow up. I also have time powers and am willing to help you Humans a little -

- Time is something imaginary made by Humans when in real fact there is a special force at work
    - When you 'time' travel you actually rip the fabric of space and time(a black hole is a rip, white holes do exist but not for the reason Humans think, its because it is the reverse of a black hole; it creates new matter and gives it out while a black hole simply turns something into nothing just how the universe started(a black hole not a big bang)), imagine you have a map and your driving to the other side of the universe, this could to take 3.5 billion billion years but if you fold the map there is a less surface area to go over. This is what 'time' travel is.
    And I though time travel was simply what I have been doing for the past 48 years.....
    2008, 2009,2010

And I though time travel was simply what I have been doing for the past 48 years.....
    Well you could simply buy the machine. Understanding something and understanding how to work with something are to separate things, I understand the fabric of reality and know how to work with it and made the first and only time machine(made copies but didn't need to make any other model as the first was perfect). The hardest part I thought was creating the cryogenic modulator(cry-oh-jen-ic), this ingenious contraption forces a rip into space and allows the user's atoms to disperse and regroup at a specified region, this does not require the speed of light which could/would cause serious damage on any machine with a large enough surface area.

Page 141 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4191131138139140141142143144151 ... LastLast