CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 142 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4292132139140141142143144145152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2342

Re: CG members photo album

Quote Originally Posted by .pcbrainbuster
    I still remeber the time when I drove my "BMW SillyBilly Mark III" down the motorway That's until I crashed into the SUV at 450MPH a second I still think it was his fault although I was speeding.
    Did the airbags throw up?

(Assuming that you were conscious enough to notice them... )

Don't forget that I'm a super-hero, better known as Hydra!

No photo, but I just redid my company webpage. www.siokonline.com
    Critiques welcome. And I know. Photo coming soon.
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

....- Time is something imaginary made by Humans when in real fact there is a special force at work
    - When you 'time' travel you actually rip the fabric of space and time(a black hole is a rip, white holes do exist but not for the reason Humans think, .... This is what 'time' travel is.
    Great explanation. have you ever spend one second of your time to reverse it and going back to the starting point beginning writing SCIENCE FICTION ?

I think you would do a great job there. Maybe you would make tons of money with it. So why wasting time in doing programming, when your real advanced skills and creativuty is in writing Science fiction ?

What you wrote about time and space is tooo great to dont use it for a big story.

So simple do it, But I would never use 'Hydra as a Pseudonym it has a negative touch gotten by the old greeks. as you remember when you had been there in this universe a small hundret years ago.
    That was the terrible beast with the snake body and the lots of heads.
    Jonny Poet

To be Alive is depending on the willingsness to help others and also to permit others to help you. So lets be alive. !
    Using Code Tags makes the difference: Code is easier to read, so its easier to help. Do it like this: [CODE] Put Your Code here [/code]
    If anyone felt he has got help, show it in rating the post.
    Also dont forget to set a post which is fully answered to 'resolved'. For more details look to FAQ's about Forum Usage. BTW I'm using Framework 3.5 and you ?
    My latest articles :
    Creating a Dockable Panel-Controlmanager Using C#, Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7

Not possible as I'm 14 (hence the creativity ).

By the way its no joke I am a time traveler. The terrible beast you talk about was not something to fear, at that time when the Hymphose(their race(like Humans)) existed(there was only one left as Humans wiped the rest out without seeing them or knowing) one became attached to me and I became attached to it and he became my pet, over time it was spotted and tortured to death.

I guess you Humans see true talent when its there so I guess I'll tell you more about the unknown -

- Dreams, how are they formed Humans say; Well believe it or not but is was the science fiction people who first guessed it, simply put when you go to sleep your body goes into a certain state, normally you'd be conscious and you'd be working with one side of the brain more but when you're sleeping this consciousness is gone as your body is busy repairing your body, what happens is because of this the bodies grip on the very essence of your body(the Soul), as it drifts in space it either finds a dimension get(you get a dream) or it doesn't(you don't have a dream). That is also for the reason that the dream seems fake, your soul is quite far from the body and so the 'information' is part corrupt(like wireless).

I assure you that I am in fact am I time and space traveler.

Thanks.

Not possible as I'm 14 (hence the creativity ).
    Its always possible to do something. Thats not depending from age. As you are young and creative, you really would be able to dream the dreams which we name Science fiction for all the people in the world.

BTW Lots of inventions are based on the dreams of Science fiction authors which became true some years later then. Think to Jule Verne
    and his 'Travel to the moon' or 'In 80 days around the world'
    Both has become true in between. ( 80 days is much to long in between- )

Time is a very special matter. It may confuse people as it doesn't really exist. Basically there is nothing then a permanent 'now' So where to travel. ? All what we name to be time is the experience of the changing Isness in the permanent and endless NOW.

E.g if you look on a watch. You see that time is going on only because the watch moves its hand. If you are in a room where you are unable to perceive any changes of something you are unable to feel the change of time.
    In a dark room, no noise, alone, no watch such dark that you are unable to see any moves of your own body, you will very soon loose the impression of how much time has gone. The only thing you can do is looking to your body movement like heartbeat stomage will give some hunger feelings after a while and all that. But as known of people trapped by some criminals in dark holes unable to move, they loose their ability to say how long they have been therein. Hours, days ?

So when we travel in time we only travel in our memories. And this way we can travel into every universe we want or wherever we had been. We are back here every morning again. Memorys can be distorted like in a twisted mirror so it looks strange to you, it maybe contains pain, hate fear or other misemotions you may have had some times back on your timetrack. Thats what dreamy sometimes contains. But there could be other dreams too. An artist dreams his dreams and creates things which are his creations, they are brand new ideas. Some of this ideas comes when you dream at night in bed, some may come during the day, at work dreaming about a great new program, a new gigantic bridge, a nice painting, a poem ...whatelse sort of creativity. Artists dream their dreams every day. And they let others participiate in their dreams sometimes.

What I can agree with you is: We are the spirit (soul ) and not the body and we dont have something like a timelimit to life like our body has. We are the life energy and as every energy is infinite as phicicans say,( you know you learn in school that you are able to change energy e.g. from mechanical force to electric energy which you may store in a battery... all that stuff.. so energy is infinite) so why the energy which is named life should not follow this rules of the universe. We are a sort of 'thinking energy' ( energy able to think ) and without this body we could be everywhere in every place and every universe at every time. But that is all very philosophical and thats why I'm a poet too...

But I like your idea about black and white holes and the map where you have a short travel from one end to the other as you described it.
    This is maybe a lost technique we have had in former times millions of years ago. We have forgot this and there is someone needed to dream this dream again and to reinvent this technique in a way the phisicans will invent a mechanic-electronic machine to do it.

I guess you Humans see true talent when its there so I guess I'll tell you more about the unknown -
    The bad thing is - we are spirits - in the moment we have a human body -you and me - so we both for the moment are named to be humans independent if we maybe in another lifespan of another body maybe have been a big gigantic octopus or a dog, a cat, a cow like some old indian religiouns will explain you or all the very interesting philosophies like Buddhism.

Ok thats my idea about all that. Normally I think this is all more for the Chit chat forum, but as I'm a poet I like that sort of conversation
    Last edited by JonnyPoet; October 31st, 2007 at 03:40 PM.
    Jonny Poet

To be Alive is depending on the willingsness to help others and also to permit others to help you. So lets be alive. !
    Using Code Tags makes the difference: Code is easier to read, so its easier to help. Do it like this: [CODE] Put Your Code here [/code]
    Also dont forget to set a post which is fully answered to 'resolved'. For more details look to FAQ's about Forum Usage. BTW I'm using Framework 3.5 and you ?
    My latest articles :
    Creating a Dockable Panel-Controlmanager Using C#, Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7

Wow, you typed quite a lot

Well I might as well admit it but I'm just another normal Human like you :-|

To tell the truth life in itself is generally just a zone for suffering and that's it, IF there is any thing else after death then that will almost definitely be good apart from hell. Sometimes I worry about my existence after death and wonder what if there is no God(don't get angry if I think like that, you should keep an open mind(by the way I'm Muslim)).

Thanks.

To tell the truth life in itself is generally just a zone for suffering and that's it, ...
    Sorry thats not my experience.As you see I'm a bit grown up ( near 60 now ) and I must confess I have had a lot of fun.As well in my job, as in my family, my boy... and all of that. BTW Buddhism is not believing in any specific god. In my eyes its totally different if you believe to be a soul which is part of a lot of religions also the jewish, christian, muslims, Buddists and and... are believing in that or to believe in a god. Thats totally different. You may believe to be a soul but not believing into a god ( as a person ) Maybe you believe in some sort of 'higher authority' then or some religions think about 'god' to be a condition which is 'the condition of the highest quality of a soul 'describing it with attributes like infinit goodness, infinite kindness, infinit gooodhearted, infinit helpful, infinite peaceful... every sort of good things the best you can and everything which would be 'bad' like zero. This people wants to survive in a way of optimizig their life as best as they can to get more and more like 'god' meaning to get more and more a person with the decribed conditions.
    Thats personally my idea about that. Sure its difficult to get on that route, but the world would be much better if people only would 'try 'to do their best, even when they sometimes fail on this way.

IF there is any thing else after death then that will almost definitely be good apart from hell.
    If you are looking to find out where the 'hell' is, come on, look around on this planet ... here we are.
    The christian purgatory thats living again and again on this planet, one life after the other. To be allowed not to live again on this planet the buddhist says is Nirvana, the christian have the name 'heaven' for it or living in a 'better world' named 'paradise' where there is only freedom peace and love between people. But this is per sure not planet earth.

Not in the last ... hmm lets say 100 or 200 Millions of years of spirits existence in this universe.
    Sometimes I worry about my existence after death and wonder what if there is no God(don't get angry if I think like that, you should keep an open mind(by the way I'm Muslim)).
    Catolik Christians are not allowed only to think about such things ( I ever wonder how someone could forbid anyone to think ? ) I find it good you are thinking about life. But be aware that if you are going to follow your own ideas instead of the prescribed way of any official religion, you honestly have to confess, ...( like me ) I was born as a Cathaloik, but I'm a free thinkig human now. As in truth you are only a realChristian, if you fully aggree with their ideas and concepts of life without any doubts. The same for all other religions.

And .. yea lots of people are very surprised when their body dies that there is no angel wainting before a door and brings them to heaven, hell or purgatory, finding them backthrown to the next body awaking in a little new body again and damned all what was learned is forgotten and they have to learn it all again. On this planet - damned - back to this hell. ( Whatelse should the hell be as this lots of illness, natural disasters, war,hate and poverty --- Welcome to planet earth.
    Last edited by JonnyPoet; October 31st, 2007 at 07:18 PM.
    Jonny Poet

My latest articles :

All I can say is that when I said "generally life is a zone for suffering", I meant it as a percentage, there are more(WAY MORE) people suffering then people who are not.

Thanks.

Shouldn't be so pessimistic. This current world has a mixture of heaven and hell. Even though it seems like the world is being plagued by hell like war, poverty, sickness and natural disaster, heaven do come in different ways. For example, celebration of major events, enjoying the company of loved ones, doing something one enjoys etc.

Rather than worrying of the uncertainty of heaven and not doing anything,
    it is more important that one tries to propagate kindness, charity, compassion to other less fortunate ones. In way this, we can then hope for a better world and helps creating heaven right before our every eyes.
    quoted from C++ Coding Standards:

KISS (Keep It Simple Software):
    Correct is better than fast. Simple is better than complex. Clear is better than cute. Safe is better than insecure.

Avoid magic number:
    Programming isn't magic, so don't incant it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kheun
    ...Rather than worrying of the uncertainty of heaven and not doing anything, it is more important that one tries to propagate kindness, charity, compassion to other less fortunate ones. In way this, we can then hope for a better world and helps creating heaven right before our every eyes.
    You are totally on my line. In my eyes the things like war... , nothing to eat, illness, AIDS, generally hate made it to a hell, but most of this has to do with ourself. This way we have to decide going the way to heaven or hell and thats what basically is purgatory. Trying to go into the direction of what we name as properties of god ( infinite goodness, love, kindness, understanding... ) is the goal for people and in the end the only chance for all human to at least ending the cycles of hate ( war, greed, lust for revenge, jealousy all that which are all together the way to turn the world into a really cruel hell. So I'm in good hope that after some millions of years one day all human will come to a spiritual attitude of peace, freedom and love and after beeing reborn again some more hundret times we will all end up in a state which Buddhists call ´Nirvane, Christians say heaven ( I'm not sure, but I think muslims have heaven too )and other religions may have similar descriptions for it.

And to say it clearly: what I like on especially that forum is: Here we have helping hands together without any considerations of race, religion, nationality, sex,... whatever there is no difference. ... (hmmm sometimes I think if a man finds out there is a woman on the other side of the line´... ... there are maybe some more helpers there ... I'm kidding only )
    Jonny Poet

My latest articles :

Jonny, that's well said!
    quoted from C++ Coding Standards:

KISS (Keep It Simple Software):
    Correct is better than fast. Simple is better than complex. Clear is better than cute. Safe is better than insecure.

Avoid magic number:
    Programming isn't magic, so don't incant it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kheun
    Jonny, that's well said!
    I personally most like the buddhistic philosophie. It gives lots of personal freedom and gives a lot of hope. Also as I know its a religion which never was expanded over the world by war or blood like other religions had been.
    Jonny Poet

My latest articles :

Having fun with my brand new Mac.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.

Page 142 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4292132139140141142143144145152 ... LastLast