CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 64 of 157 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774114 ... LastLast

Re: CG members photo album

Graham, did you happen to hike down into the canyon. I spent one afternoon
    at the grand canyon and have always wanted to go back and camp out for a few days at the bottom.

I had the fortune of being able to spend several weeks just driving around the coast of Northern california, camping out. If anyone ever gets over to California
    I would say that the redwood forests are a must see.
    Wakeup in the morning and kick the day in the teeth!! Or something like that.

"i don't want to write leak free code or most efficient code, like others traditional (so called expert) coders do."

dlorde is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by NoHero
    Nice to see the face of the java guru behind the drawn avatar!
    Nice of you to say so - and I'll let you into a little 'secret' - that avatar isn't really drawn, its a processed photo, like this one of yours (it works a lot better with a large photo which is reduced afterwards)
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by dlorde; January 16th, 2006 at 03:39 PM.
    Please use [CODE]...your code here...[/CODE] tags when posting code. If you get an error, please post the full error message and stack trace, if present.

Quote Originally Posted by souldog
    I spent one afternoon at the grand canyon and have always wanted to go back and camp out for a few days at the bottom.
    That;s one of my dreams too.. I did hike down the canyon one time.. It was in May and the canyon walls were reflecting so much heat that I couldn't make it all the way down , due to my being foolish not to carry enough water.. I could barely see colorado river half way down the canyon , when I had to turn back

Graham, nice pics.. Do you sing too ??

Quote Originally Posted by dlorde
    Nice of you to say so - and I'll let you into a little 'secret' - that avatar isn't really drawn, its a processed photo, like this one of yours (it works a lot better with a large photo which is reduced afterwards)
    Interesting process... speaking of drawn pictures: You should check kirants drawn images on his website, they are excellent!
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

Quote Originally Posted by kirants
    That;s one of my dreams too.. I did hike down the canyon one time.. It was in May and the canyon walls were reflecting so much heat that I couldn't make it all the way down , due to my being foolish not to carry enough water.. I could barely see colorado river half way down the canyon , when I had to turn back

funny, I did the same thing. We turned back at the signs that warned of
    possible death if not properly prepared.
    We had gone with no intention of hiking in, so had no water.

"i don't want to write leak free code or most efficient code, like others traditional (so called expert) coders do."

That first picture of me is in Fern Canyon. It runs up from the beach and gets filled with fog every night. it is about 30-50 across and the walls are about 30 feet high. They are covered from top to bottom with several kinds of ferns.
    It was a very remarkable place.
    I found a link to some other pictures of it and the Redwood national forest.

Gosh I need to get back up there.
    Redwood National Forest

Graham, did you happen to hike down into the canyon. I spent one afternoon
    at the grand canyon and have always wanted to go back and camp out for a few days at the bottom.

I had the fortune of being able to spend several weeks just driving around the coast of Northern california, camping out. If anyone ever gets over to California
    I would say that the redwood forests are a must see.
    Unfortunately, I didn't have time. We were doing a "tour": started at Tucson, where we were staying with friends, and drove up to the pertrified forest. Then across to GC via Meteor Crater. Then back down to Tucson via Flagstaff and Phoenix. Later drove over to San Diego (boy, what a drive - is there a purpose to Yuma? apart from frying eggs on the pavement, that is).
    I don't subject anyone to that sort of torture...

souldog: Back in '99 I drove up from San Diego to Seattle, taking in the Avenue of the Giants on the way. Awesome. I've also been to Muir Woods.

One day I'm going to visit Utah: my American friend Jim claims that Utah would have to be banned from any "most beautiful state" contest, just to give the others a chance.
    Correct is better than fast. Simple is better than complex. Clear is better than cute. Safe is better than insecure.
    --
    Sutter and Alexandrescu, C++ Coding Standards

Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.

--
    Harold Abelson and Gerald Jay Sussman

The cheapest, fastest and most reliable components of a computer system are those that aren't there.
    -- Gordon Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Graham
    started at Tucson
    Did you go down to Saguorro National Park ? There are these giant cactii.. one of a kind
    and drove up to the pertrified forest.
    Very nice place
    I don't subject anyone to that sort of torture...
    Got it..you let your bass do the talk
    One day I'm going to visit Utah: my American friend Jim claims that Utah would have to be banned from any "most beautiful state" contest, just to give the others a chance.
    I am inclined to agree with him.. Utah is beautiful and much more than that is the diversity.. Each 25 miles you drive, the landscape changes from dull grey to bright red to layered rock formations.I haven't seen such a varied landscape in any other state.. Some pics here from my Utah trip:
    http://www.kirants.com/html/arsenic/utah.shtml

to be frank.. there is something like that in most places, I beleive.. one just has to take the time to explore..
    For some people deserts can be boring.. but I don't find it so..

to be frank.. there is something like that in most places, I beleive.. one just has to take the time to explore..
    For some people deserts can be boring.. but I don't find it so..
    Yah, I once camped in Death Valley for a few days, in December. Very beautiful
    place.
    We once had a Belgium visitor at our house and my brother took him to death valley in
    the middle of August (probably around 120 deg F) and marched him around in the sand dunes.
    He says the guy looked like he was going to die.
    But if you have ever hiked in sand dunes you know how brutal that is.

I have driven through Utah but only North Utah down to salt lake city. Have never seen the south.

Boy this is getting depressing. I have had 2 days of vacation in the last 3 years.
    I really need to get back out on the road/trail.

Quote Originally Posted by gstercken
    No, that was Mick... Mick oh Mick, where art Thou?
    I think the more appropriate question is 'Where are you?'

Mick is back. Where have you been lately? What have you done?
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Yah, that is a big spruce tree. Not really very big compared to the redwoods.
    SoulDog...I love you and all that. But godDamn the hat man..the freaking hat *lol*

/Thought I was weird

Quote Originally Posted by cilu
    Mick is back. Where have you been lately? What have you done?

Playing footsie with those that should not be named

Quote Originally Posted by Mick
    SoulDog...I love you and all that. But godDamn the hat man..the freaking hat *lol*
    Actually, I was about to ask if that's Charles Petzold sitting under the tree...

Page 64 of 157 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774114 ... LastLast