dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: did you know that...

did you know that...

You know those tips you can find in magazines or newspapers under the "Did you know that..." title? Well, I was thinking to try to have a thread about such things. You know, post things that are usually unknown to many, doesn't matter what field. Just make some sort of database of knowledge. The only rule is that each post must containt a true "did you know" statement.

Did you know that... it is impossible to lick your elbow?
    Last edited by cilu; September 6th, 2005 at 10:34 AM.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Xeon is offline Want me to ban you?! Power Poster

Re: did you know that...

Very interesting, Cilu. I remember a long time ago when I was a kid........I was reading up on so many mini-encyclopedias on "Did you know?" and other awesome-but-unimportant facts in the universe. Real cool, and brings back many nostalgic moments. Sigh.

Did you know that the sperm whale frequently battles with and often eats the giant squid?(these giant squids are much larger than a double-decker bus!)

Good day,
    Xeon.
    "Hell is calling for you!" - Rufus, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

"I'm getting tired of you devils.....finishing strike......Final Blast!" - Arngrim, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

Quote Originally Posted by cilu
    Did you know that... it is impossible to lick your elbow?
    Did you know that Marius was wrong when he stated that no one can lick is elbow?

It is possible. Just do a google search and you will find a lot of people like this one here. Even one of my class can do that, I will take a picture for evidence. It is not impossible
    Last edited by NoHero; September 6th, 2005 at 10:35 AM.
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

Quote Originally Posted by NoHero
    It is possible. Just do a google search and you will find a lot of people like this one here. Even one of my class can do that, I will take a picture for evidence. It is not impossible
    NoHero, I was refering to normal people.

And you have broken the rule. There is no "did you know" statement in your post. Please do not reply if you can't share one with us.

Did you know that... the "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language?
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

Did you know that the EU classifies tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers and pumpkins as fruits?

- petter

Did you know that an American President classified Ketchup as a fruit, the reason state was that Ketchup consists mainly as Tomatus thus it is a fruit. The hidden reason was, that if you classify it as a fruit it is cheaper to buy for official institutes (schools etc.). The American government saved some million dollars with this.
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

I don't know how exactly to put this.. anyways..

Did you know that humans can count a maximum of 3 objects without going through them individually, beyond that one has to consciously count them individually.

Did you know that if you use headphones for one hour the level of bacteria in your ears grows 700 times?
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

Quote Originally Posted by wildfrog
    Did you know that the EU classifies tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers and pumpkins as fruits?

- petter
    Tomatoes are classed as fruit because they, like any other fruit have seeds in them...

Tomatoes are classed as fruit because they, like any other fruit have seeds in them...
    More specific a berry.

Did you know that you forgot a 'Did you know that'-statement in your post?

- petter

Xeon is offline Want me to ban you?! Power Poster

Did you know that dinosaurs did not all die out together?(that is, they do not go extinct all at one shot, one time)

Did you know that if you do not provide a real and useful "Did you know" post and yet you dare post, you'll be recommended for permanent banning, based on user IP?

Good day,
    Xeon.
    "Hell is calling for you!" - Rufus, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

"I'm getting tired of you devils.....finishing strike......Final Blast!" - Arngrim, from Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria

Did you know that traditionally, crossword puzzle is supposed to have rotational symmetry, i.e. if you rotate it by 180 degrees the pattern should be the same

i don't know...but did you know that a burning oil field must be bombed to put out the burning flame?...what the logic?...but it's used during the Gulf War in Kuwait ...and did you know that worked successfully?....

I don't know...but did you know???..ah..it seem too strange...but still, I don't know how it works...did someone know???...

...???...
    ...don't blame me...when I smell nicc 'o' tyne...
    ...friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support..

Don't you know that fire needs oxygen and so one way to stop burning is to bomb and eat up all oxygen so the fire doen't get any ?? I beleive that is the reason... just answering in don't u know terms so master cilu doesn't get angry

Quote Originally Posted by kirants
    Don't you know that fire needs oxygen and so one way to stop burning is to bomb and eat up all oxygen so the fire doen't get any ?? I beleive that is the reason... just answering in don't u know terms so master cilu doesn't get angry
    did you know that your reason make sense?...

...???...
    ...don't blame me...when I smell nicc 'o' tyne...
    ...friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support..

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast