dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: did you know that...

Ejaz is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Re: did you know that...

Quote Originally Posted by exterminator
    Did you know that it happens frequently with guys (mostly bachelor ones)...because did you know that they are lazy enough to wash the underwears and use them day after day by reversing their sides...
    Hun, I didn't know that Well, you can reverse the sides, but...you may get infection....err....forget it.

Did you know?...
    In Texas, a recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed. Only in Texas....

LMAO!!! this was the funniest...
    Come Join This Poll Where are we from? (Ultimate)

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Johann Wolfgang
    An idle brain is the devil's workshop. - unknown

Thumbs up Re: did you know that...

Quote Originally Posted by Ejaz
    Hun, I didn't know that Well, you can reverse the sides, but...you may get infection....err....forget it.
    Did you know that Ejaz is pretending that he didnt know this? And did you know that Ejaz is talking very dirty ???

Note: I am not posting junk - I am always having some meaningful "Did you know that"s so that Cilu's army won't prison me.

Hence, some true "did you know that"s:

Did you know that:
    Barbie's measurements if she were life size: 39-23-33.
    Did you know that:
    Living on earth doesnt cost you for the travel around the sun (include the journey due to rotation on its axis too). They are free.
    Did you know that:
    The three largest land-owners in England are the Queen, the Church of England and Trinity College, Cambridge.
    Did you know that:
    No animal, once frozen solid (i.e., water solidifies and turns to ice) survives when thawed, because the ice crystals formed inside cells would break open the cell membranes. However there are certain frogs that can survive the experience of being frozen. These frogs make special proteins which prevent the formation of ice (or at least keep the crystals from becoming very large), so that they actually never freeze even though their body temperature is below zero Celsius. The water in them remains liquid: a phenomenon known as 'supercooling.' If you disturb one of these frogs (just touching them even), the water in them quickly freezes solid and they die. [But David Blayne made it possible on the AXN..amazing huh]
    Did you know that:
    Madrid is the only European capital city not situated on a river.
    Did you know that:
    The ship, the Queen Elizabeth 2, should always be written as QE2. QEII is the actual queen.
    Did you know that:
    Libya has the only flag which is all one color with no writing or decoration on it.
    Did you know that:
    The common goldfish is the only animal that can see both infra-red and ultra-violet light.
    Did you know that:
    A person from the country of Nauru is called a Nauruan; this is the only palindromic nationality.
    Did you know that:
    In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
    Did you know that:
    No word in the English language rhymes with month.
    Did you know that more can be foundhere. Did you know that now I will say "Regards"? Regards.

Did you know that you guys have dissapointed me? This thread was a test to see if there can be any kind of serious chat here. Obviously I wanted too much. Shame on me.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Ejaz is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by cilu
    Did you know that you guys have dissapointed me? This thread was a test to see if there can be any kind of serious chat here. Obviously I wanted too much. Shame on me.

Red face Re: did you know that...

Quote Originally Posted by cilu
    Did you know that we are sorry cilu...

Did you know that there is a fish (!) which can live over water, hunting crabbies and even climbs upon trees?
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

Did You Know That...

The can opener was invented in 1858 by American Ezra Warnet. There also is a claim that Englishman Robert Yeates invented the can opener in 1855. But the can opener did not become popular until, ten years later, it was given away for free with canned beef
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All my Articles
    Hannes

Did You Know That..
    There are 6,000 species of reptiles, 73,000 kinds of spiders, and 3,000 types of lice. For each person there is about 200 million insects
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All my Articles
    Hannes

Did you [HannesTheGreat] know, this "DYK" was already given by exterminator...

My latest article: Explicating the new C++ standard (C++0x)

Do rate the posts you find useful.

I did not know..

Did you Know That..

The smallest island in the world - according to the Guiness Book of Records - is Bishop Rock. It lies at the most south-westerly part of the United Kingdom. It is one of 1040 islands around Britain and only has a lighthouse on it. In 1861, the British government set out the parameters for classifying an island. It was decided that if it was inhabited, the size was immaterial. However, if it was uninhabited, it had to be "the summer's pasturage of at least one sheep" - which is about two acres.
    Going by the above parameters, most of the 179 584 "islands" around Finland and the almost 200 000 around Canada would not match Indonesia as the country with the most islands. In fact, Indonesia consists only of islands - 13 667 of them, 6000 of which are inhabited.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All my Articles
    Hannes

Did you know that more than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call?

(That's awful)
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

Quote Originally Posted by HanneSThEGreaT
    Did You Know That...

The can opener was invented in 1858 by American Ezra Warnet. There also is a claim that Englishman Robert Yeates invented the can opener in 1855. But the can opener did not become popular until, ten years later, it was given away for free with canned beef
    Isn't it true that the can opener was invented about 10 years before the can was invented?

Did you know that it's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open...

Quote Originally Posted by Melian
    Did you know that it's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open...
    Oh, yes, I knew that...

Did you know that... Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16, 1969, make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

Did you know that a man in Paris once faked a breakdown so he could win a bet that he could lie down in the middle of a busy street during rush hour and not get run over?

Only in France.
    Death is life's special way of telling you you're fired.

For I do not seek to understand in order to believe, but I believe in order to understand. For I believe this: unless I believe, I will not understand. - Anselm of Canterbury (10331109)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast