CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

device to computer

Hi

hmm, i am going to do this a bit later but its on my mind alot.

im going to be making a .NET app (C#) which allows you to view folders/files on your computer.

this will be made using .NET CF so it will be on a mobile device. Question is, is there a way of getting information/contents etc... when you connect to a Windows computer using TCP/IP ?

so for example, I may wish to get all files on the computer on drive C (just root)

from client app (.NET CF) I should be able to connect to the computer using tcp/ip but then how do I "map" or get the contents/folders of the computer that i have connected to?

I will do this as soon as i can get back to my dev computer after watching some tv

Andy Tacker is offline More than "Just Another Member"

Re: device to computer

if you have enough rights at the end computer. you can simply type its ipaddress follwed by c$ to get the contents of c drive... and same for others... but why???
    If you think you CAN, you can, If you think you CAN'T, you are probably right.

Have some nice Idea to share? Write an Article Online or Email to us and You may WIN a Technical Book from CG.

Re: device to computer

yeh thats exactly what I thought too but .NET CF is different in terms of it's workings.

but why? ah.. can't say yet