September 27th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Sybase announces support for Palm's upcoming WIndows Mobile-based Treo Smartphones
Sybase iAnywhere technologies to extend product support for Palm's future line of Windows Mobile-based Treo(tm) smartphones.
CTIA WIRELESS I.T. & ENTERTAINMENT 2005, SAN FRANCISCO, CA and 3GSM WORLD CONGRESS ASIA, SINGAPORE, September 27, 2005 - Sybase, Inc. (NYSE: SY), a leading provider of enterprise infrastructure and mobile software, and its iAnywhere subsidiary today announced plans to support Palm, Inc.'s future line of Microsoft Windows Mobile-based Treo(tm) smartphones, the first of which is scheduled to be available to Verizon Wireless customers in early 2006. Windows Mobile devices such as the upcoming line of Treo smartphones, combined with Sybase iAnywhere mobile technology, enable companies to effectively manage and move critical data and content from the data center out to the front lines of business and back.(1)
"Congratulations to Palm on its latest smartphone innovation! As the leader in mobile database, middleware, and device management technology, we expect that the combined ease-of-use of Palm's Treo smartphones and the strengths of Microsoft's Windows Mobile platform will prove to be a significant driver of smartphone adoption in the enterprise," said Brian Vink, vice president of marketing at iAnywhere. "We're excited to further expand our long-standing relationship with Palm and increase the types of applications available for companies that are looking to realize the benefits of mobilizing their enterprise information."
"Palm is very excited to have the support of the AvantGo consumer service and Sybase's market-leading mobile middleware products," Paul Leeper, director of Developer Relations at Palm, Inc.
Palm(r) Treo smartphones make it easier than ever for mobile professionals to stay connected. By combining a compact, full-featured mobile phone with email, an organizer, messaging and web access, (1) Treo smartphones let users organize and simplify their business and personal lives all in one place. Yesterday's announcement by Palm, Inc. and Microsoft Corp. can be found at Palm's Press Room at http://www.palm.com/us/company/pr/.
Sybase iAnywhere products that will support the line of Windows Mobile-based Treo smartphones include:
- Afaria(r), the industry's leading mobile device management and security software platform. Answers Anywhere(tm), a scalable middleware platform for building extremely easy-to-use application interfaces that features powerful context understanding and natural language capabilities.
- AvantGo(r), the world's leading mobile Internet service.
- M-Business Anywhere(tm), a mobile Web application platform for extending enterprise applications to mobile devices using Web skill-sets and tools.
- Pylon(tm), a set of desktop- and server-based applications that enable companies to "mobilize" Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes email, PIM, and Domino applications.
- SQL Anywhere Studio(r), the market-leading enterprise data management and data synchronization solution for mobile and distributed computing environments.
- Sales Anywhere for Salesforce.com and Mobile Pharma, a customizable, packaged mobile software application that enables users of major CRM and SFA systems to get easy mobile access to their systems.
- Sybase(r) Unwired Accelerator, a rapid development environment that quickly mobilizes without programming Web-enabled enterprise applications, databases and other data sources for both connected and occasionally connected access.
Sybase and iAnywhere will be showcasing its solutions this week at CTIA WIRELESS I.T. & ENTERTAINMENT 2005 in San Francisco and at the 3GSM World Congress Asia 2005 in Singapore. For more information, please visit Sybase at CTIA booth #655 or 3GSM booth #B06.
About Sybase, Inc.
Sybase is the largest global enterprise software company exclusively focused on managing and mobilizing information from the data center to the point of action. Sybase provides open, cross-platform solutions that securely deliver information anytime, anywhere, enabling customers to create an information edge. The world's most critical data in commerce, communications, finance, government and healthcare runs on Sybase. For more information, visit the Sybase Web site: http://www.sybase.com.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width
This is a Codeguru.com survey!