CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Flexgrid Shift + Mousedown .RowSel issue

I'm using an MSFlexgrid and a MouseDown event procedure to be able to distinguish between simple clicks and shifted clicks.

If I only use simple clicks, the value of .RowSel is returned OK.

If I only use shifted clicks, the value of .RowSel is returned OK.

However, if in a single run I start with a simple click, the .RowSel value is no longer set for subsequent shifted click events.

Any particular reason why?

Re: Flexgrid Shift + Mousedown .RowSel issue

Spooky. At the office this works OK.
    I'll go through the code and post the reason (if I find it).

Regards,
    Nand

Post the code you are using.

The general idea is to mark a row after a first click and if a second, shifted click occurs, mark all the rows between.

I do have the impression that setting a value in the row makes VB ignore the selection "start". In other words, the code should not react on the first click, but that's exactly what I need.

I'll give it another try tomorrow (there's no hurry) and get back to you with the result.

I have added a boiled-down version of the code to this reply. This should give you a better idea of what I want to do.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm stuck. I tried two things with no result.

(1) Flexgrid_Click

VB somehow seems to loose the context of a range defined by .Row and .Rowsel when you change the content of a flexgrid cell. I wrongly assumed this was only the case when you changed the value of .Row (as is stated in the doc).

(2) FlexGrid_MouseDown

The strange thing here is that a MouseDown event sets the .Row / .RowSel values but that a Shifted MouseDown event does not set any of these values except if it is used before an Unshifted MouseDown. And even in this situation a second Shifted MouseDown no longer sets the .Row / .RowSel values. Looks as if I must reset something, but what? Else I presume I have to rely on the X/Y coordinates to find out which row was clicked.

Any ideas?