CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Wink Meaning of your username!

I have seen so many users on codeguru who use funny, abbreviated and crappy names. We should let others know what those usernames mean?

Well, my user name is Ajay vijay. Here Ajay is my first name is Vijay is part of my complete surname: Vijayvargiya.
    My latest article: Explicating the new C++ standard (C++0x)

Do rate the posts you find useful.

Re: Meaning of your username!

I think the more interesting one would be to start a poll on how many people wish they had have chosen a different name!

But for the record, Zeb is what everyone calls me, and is short for Zebulon, my actual name. If you are interested (and most are), Zebulon is a pretty standard Old Testament Jewish name, although I'm not Jewish. My parents got the name from an old TV show called "The Waltons", which had a Granfather Zebulon, or some such, and they liked it so much the thought they would **** their first-born son to a lifetime of "zebra" jokes and "that's an interesting name, where is it from?". If you haven't figured it out yet, my parents were hippies. Long hair and beard for the father, underarm hair for the mother. They have since cleaned up their act, but still refuse to give a formal apology for the **** my name caused me in primary school

Oh, and for the record - I have no desires to change my nick, but I imagine there are a few ppl out there who signed up just to get a quick question answered and never realised how much time they would actually spend here!

[edit - wow, they are considered offensive words... the first one in context though shouldn't be offensive to anyone]
    Last edited by Zeb; October 2nd, 2005 at 07:27 PM.

well, ideru is from idel which is the last 4 letters of my real name and is my nickname .

but since japanese language does not have the letter L , L becomes RU..
    hence idel = ideru
    *** Con Tu Adios, Te Llevas, Mi Corazon***

Traveling Encoder...

“When you are in Rom do as Romans do “ so when I am actively participating in the
    Code guru forum , I thought my nick name should be derived from the computer
    Technology, hence most of the processors are 8086 based. So hear I am “ x8086

Btw Nice Thread Ajay Vijay ….hope it will pick up ….

Regards,
    x8086

Problem Is An Opportunity To Do Your Best.

All Code Guru Member's
    Poll : -Please Vote For Code Guru Forum Programming competition

My nickname is nothing else but nickname - in my highschool class there was one more guy with name like me, so my friends gave me this nick to avoid confusion. I dont think it means anything, but it sounds OK and I am using it everywhere I need some unofficial name: forums, game characters, logins, etc.

Hob
    B+!
    'There is no cat' - A. Einstein

Use [code] [/code] tags!

Did YOU share your photo with us at CG Members photo gallery ?

As you know Hannes is my name
    TheGreat doesn't mean that I'm a great programmer
    I remember reading something about Alexander The Great, and started playing around with my name, so that's where TheGreat comes from, and I think too that it's because everyone always told me that I was a great guy.
    Some people think I have an attitude problem, because of Me thinking I'm soo great, but as I've said - it started with Alexander The Great.

And for changing Nicknames, sometimes, I wish I could, but no.
    As for nicknames at school..............!

My username is nothing fancy, just a short version of my name "Marc Grégoire"
    Marc Gregoire - NuonSoft (http://www.nuonsoft.com)
    My Blog
    Wallpaper Cycler 3.5.0.97

Author of Professional C++, 4th Edition by Wiley/Wrox (includes C++17 features)
    ISBN: 978-1-119-42130-6
    [ http://www.facebook.com/professionalcpp ]

Thumbs up Re: Meaning of your username!

My login id here - exterminator..nothing related to me...just couldnt find anything and this one came while signing up ...so...it is ...

I tried my nicknames but nothing would go...they rejected all saying there were people already by those names...

My real name - Abhishek Padmanabh - Where padmanabh stands for Lord Krishna - there is a concept of a lotus coming out of Lord Krishna's navel and so it is....I am from India...people here think that I am from south India...but no I am not...that was some strange last name that my father kept ..and i dont feel bad about it.

Yeh..school times are hard when people make fun of your names...but I am sure they can make fun of any name so ...not much to complain in this regard. Yeah...my last name is a bit hard to spell ... i need to tell people about the spelling everytime i pronounce it before them

By the way - nicknames that go for me are mostly derived from my last name -- such as Paddy (after Maddy - a character in one of the Indian Hindi films - RHTDM), Pudu (after people saw entrapment, the railway station at the end of the movie went by this name), Paddu (I hate this one - something similar in hindi to far-ting ) etc etc...These days Paddy is the most common one for me..no one calls me Padmanabh (except for my school teachers) ...parents and family people call me Abhishek itself.

Thats it for now...Nice thread... and nice to see people pouring in. By the way, can we not change our login ids to our original names ??

Ejaz is offline Elite Member Power Poster

My nick at CG is my real name, Ejaz Anwer. Usually people with name Ejaz don't spell it like that (most commonly it is written as Ijaz or Aijaz). Infact I used to write it as Aijaz till I was in my 5th class, but my class teacher in 6th, first wrote my name as Ejaz in the attendence register. Since then, I write it as Ejaz (and can go in a fist fight, if someone don't write it as Ejaz ). AFAIK, Ejaz means "Miracle".

Among friends, I wear the name "Jack". Actually, I developed a software few years back, which was code named as "Black Jack", since then my friends started calling me as "Jack" till yet. About changing my nick here....nah....I'm quite comfortable with it, besides everyone knows me with my real name here.

Quote Originally Posted by exterminator
    Maddy - a character in one of the Indian Hindi films
    You know, the guy who performed this character "Maddy" is (and I guess will be) at top of my list for 3 reasons.

1) He has tan complextion.....like me
    2) In the movie, he was software engineer.....like me
    3) He is little bulky....like me

So, for him

My actual name is Panayotis Kalaitzoglou. I got the first name and the initial of the last name (it was the first name that yahoo prompted as login name when I wanted to create a yahoo mail, so I kept it).
    Extreme situations require extreme measures

I used to be smart...now I'm just dumb.

(Know the film?)

Thumbs up Re: Meaning of your username!

Quote Originally Posted by Ejaz
    You know, the guy who performed this character "Maddy" is (and I guess will be) at top of my list for 3 reasons.

1) He has tan complextion.....like me
    2) In the movie, he was software engineer.....like me
    3) He is little bulky....like me

So, for him
    Yeah...but he aint getting any more movies these days...actually girls didnt like him for that reason but since I know you from some of posts in this ChitCHat forum...you are one guy taking away all the birds..aint it???

Yeah..but he had a cute smile and from you pic that i saw ...yeah ..you two have quite similar looks...are you a mechanical engineer as well? coz he was... and hence you would add up the reasons to 4.. Thanks for preferring the "Paddy" nickie for me... I kinda like it... Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ejaz
    • He was in terrific love with a gal, that you dont.
    • He was a great combat (fighter), you dont have this characteristic too!
    • He got opportunity to earn $12000 per-month as per his skills and experience, that you dont earn.
    Last edited by Ajay Vijay; October 3rd, 2005 at 12:42 PM.
    My latest article: Explicating the new C++ standard (C++0x)

Do rate the posts you find useful.

My username is from a book (can't remember the name though) by JR Tolkein. (sp?)

Ejaz is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay Vijay
    • He was in terrific love with a gal, that you dont.
    • He was a great combat (fighter), you dont have this characteristic too!
    • He got opportunity to earn $12000 per-month as per his skills and experience, that you dont earn.
    So what? There are alot of things about other heros that I don't have. Atleast with him, I have 3 things in common

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast