CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Wink Meaning of your username!

I have seen so many users on codeguru who use funny, abbreviated and crappy names. We should let others know what those usernames mean?

Well, my user name is Ajay vijay. Here Ajay is my first name is Vijay is part of my complete surname: Vijayvargiya.
    My latest article: Explicating the new C++ standard (C++0x)

Do rate the posts you find useful.

Re: Meaning of your username!

I think the more interesting one would be to start a poll on how many people wish they had have chosen a different name!

But for the record, Zeb is what everyone calls me, and is short for Zebulon, my actual name. If you are interested (and most are), Zebulon is a pretty standard Old Testament Jewish name, although I'm not Jewish. My parents got the name from an old TV show called "The Waltons", which had a Granfather Zebulon, or some such, and they liked it so much the thought they would **** their first-born son to a lifetime of "zebra" jokes and "that's an interesting name, where is it from?". If you haven't figured it out yet, my parents were hippies. Long hair and beard for the father, underarm hair for the mother. They have since cleaned up their act, but still refuse to give a formal apology for the **** my name caused me in primary school

Oh, and for the record - I have no desires to change my nick, but I imagine there are a few ppl out there who signed up just to get a quick question answered and never realised how much time they would actually spend here!

[edit - wow, they are considered offensive words... the first one in context though shouldn't be offensive to anyone]
    Last edited by Zeb; October 2nd, 2005 at 07:27 PM.

well, ideru is from idel which is the last 4 letters of my real name and is my nickname .

but since japanese language does not have the letter L , L becomes RU..
    hence idel = ideru
    *** Con Tu Adios, Te Llevas, Mi Corazon***

Traveling Encoder...

“When you are in Rom do as Romans do “ so when I am actively participating in the
    Code guru forum , I thought my nick name should be derived from the computer
    Technology, hence most of the processors are 8086 based. So hear I am “ x8086

Btw Nice Thread Ajay Vijay ….hope it will pick up ….

Regards,
    x8086

Problem Is An Opportunity To Do Your Best.

All Code Guru Member's
    Poll : -Please Vote For Code Guru Forum Programming competition

My nickname is nothing else but nickname - in my highschool class there was one more guy with name like me, so my friends gave me this nick to avoid confusion. I dont think it means anything, but it sounds OK and I am using it everywhere I need some unofficial name: forums, game characters, logins, etc.

Hob
    B+!
    'There is no cat' - A. Einstein

Use [code] [/code] tags!

Did YOU share your photo with us at CG Members photo gallery ?

As you know Hannes is my name
    TheGreat doesn't mean that I'm a great programmer
    I remember reading something about Alexander The Great, and started playing around with my name, so that's where TheGreat comes from, and I think too that it's because everyone always told me that I was a great guy.
    Some people think I have an attitude problem, because of Me thinking I'm soo great, but as I've said - it started with Alexander The Great.

And for changing Nicknames, sometimes, I wish I could, but no.
    As for nicknames at school..............!

Quote Originally Posted by ideru
    .. from idel which is the last 4 letters of my real name
    You are Fidel Ramos

Quote Originally Posted by Sahir
    You are Fidel Ramos
    Im just curious, you seem so knowledgeable about Philippines. How is that?
    A few friendly reminders:
    * Use Code Tags when posting code.
    * Rate good replies/post by clicking "Rate this Post" and leaving a positive feedback.
    * Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler. -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by cherish
    Im just curious, you seem so knowledgeable about Philippines. How is that?
    Because I live in Dubai.
    Last edited by Sahir; December 8th, 2005 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb
    my parents were hippies.
    Same here

Deniz is my real name, it's Turkish and means 'sea'.

Everyone I know pronounces it as they would pronounce 'Dennis' but having my name written down is always a drama.
    Microsoft LVP - Least Valuable Professional

Please rate this post... Pleeeeeeaaassee!!!

when I was born, my parents had a big time to name me as I was so ugly, dumb, stoopid, cripple, sick and et cetra...so, they think, "what the heck we're gonna name him"...then, they got an idea...they named me : whaTHell...

after some times..a man from the government came to pay a visit..."you can't named him like that..and your signature goes against the law", the man said...so my parents asked him, "why we have to change his name...he deserved that name...but if you insisted, how?"..."leave it to me", then the man left with my new name written on a piece of paper by my parents....

after a couple of day, the child's name had been changed to mrRee...but it's not a mystery anymore after many of them noticed that mrRee's former name was whaTHell...

then 5000 amoebas went to a shoping mall...naked...they had been arrested becau...fruit! that was the different story...I'm sorry..............................that's how I became mrRee...the end...

...???...
    ...don't blame me...when I smell nicc 'o' tyne...
    ...friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support..

Quote Originally Posted by mrRee
    when I was born, my parents had a big time to name me as I was so ugly, dumb, stoopid, cripple, sick and et cetra...so, they think, "what the heck we're gonna name him"...then, they got an idea...they named me : whaTHell...

after some times..a man from the government came to pay a visit..."you can't named him like that..and your signature goes against the law", the man said...so my parents asked him, "why we have to change his name...he deserved that name...but if you insisted, how?"..."leave it to me", then the man left with my new name written on a piece of paper by my parents....

after a couple of day, the child's name had been changed to mrRee...but it's not a mystery anymore after many of them noticed that mrRee's former name was whaTHell...

then 5000 amoebas went to a shoping mall...naked...they had been arrested becau...fruit! that was the different story...I'm sorry..............................that's how I became mrRee...the end...
    Good story.....made me sleeep welll............
    Regards,
    Ramkrishna Pawar

It is actally way to pronounce O.D. and it's not o be related with garfield. O.D. way first developed when I was 17. One time I come to meet with my friends so stoned that when they saw that decided that they will from now on call me Overdosed Dee. This is acctually why I have 2 e at and of Odiee, and not one like Garfield friend has. And D. is first letter of my name witch is Dario.
    You just divided by zero, didn't you?

This is my full name
    Appreciate others by rating good posts

"Only buy something that you'd be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years." - Warren Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay Vijay
    I have seen so many users on codeguru who use funny, abbreviated and crappy names. We should let others know what those usernames mean?
    I wanted to be a musician and I dreamt of my records going Platinum.

I wanted to be a programmer and I dreamt of myself coding in C or was it C+ or C++ or was it C+C or ++C or CC+
    Jesus died for my sin and now I am free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast